Not allowing me to save new tabs

Tabs Joomla module is the easiest way to create and manage your content via tabs.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:40 am
I am trying to create tabs and when I am in the creation screen and click to save it does nothing. No error message or anything. Just no action. The other buttons work fine. Any ideas? I searched and didn't see anyone having this issue...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:53 am
Hi there, i am having the same problem, set up a group, go to add tab and cannot save, the link does nothing.

Have the module set up as well
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:38 pm
Hi

Please to send me an access to Your joomla panel.

GK User
Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:23 am
I'm having the same problem
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:33 am
Hi teitbite

Thanks for the reply, sorry not replied back,

I dont think my client would allow another person to log in, would have to ask them permission,

Has the other person replied to you o i can get their feedback?

Paul
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:11 am
Hi

Sorry I think Your problem is separted. I've never seen the case when button was not working in this component. Try maby reinstall it or place 777 permissions on the component files. This may bring us closer to recognize the problem.

GK User
Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:22 am
Hi im back with this as I need to get it working lol

Tried to reinstall, same issues,
When I have reinstalled there and look at the files in the Components folder /com_gk3_tabs_manage/ there are no files, is that correct?

Paul
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:07 pm
Ditto!! what is the deal? unable to save/add new tabs, nothing happens.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:14 am
Ok howhite,

Lets see if we can get this working,

Have you looked at your component/com_gk3_tabs_manager files?
Are your component files there?

Paul
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:26 am
Yes, and just like the previous caller, I reinstalled the files to no avail. From what I can tell, the only problem is that new tabs cannot be saved.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:30 am
OK

The previous caller lol, thats me

I can add a group, when i go to add a new tab, the save button does nothing, is that the same for you?

Paul
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:11 am
paulf wrote:Ok howhite,

Lets see if we can get this working,

Have you looked at your component/com_gk3_tabs_manager files?
Are your component files there?

Paul

Hi

That's correct.
There's no files on that directory.
Tabs Manager component files are only located on ../administrator/components/

Please send me admin access to take a quick look.

paulo[at]gavick[dot]com

Make reference of this topic on your email.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:22 am
Do you need full access?

Paul
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:24 pm
Right, I cannot save a new tab.

Question, I see Seichinha stated that there aren't any files in root/components for the tabs component, but they should be in the root/administrator/ folder.

I've got them in both and only uploaded the new files to root/components. Can someone please confirm if I understand this correctly and if so is it safe to delete the files in root/components folder?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:44 am
Hi howhite

As I understand, the main components folder should stay but has no files inside, all the files are in the administrator/component/com_gk3_tabs_manager

P
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:42 am
Hi Paulo

Sent you an email on this topic a few days ago,

Paul
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:15 pm
Hi,

I have the same issue. I can add a new group but can't save a new tab. I reinstalled to the latest version and still nothing.

Please help.

Thank you
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Hi

What is the error message. Can I see it ? Please send me joomla panel access.

GK User
Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:39 pm
Hi

I personally don't get any error messages. I try to save but there is no response. The page just sits idle. But I noticed that # gets appended to the end of the URL so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

Thank you,
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:23 pm
Hi

Yes that's the great tip :) This means that javascript for this is not working. The reason for that can be:

- files were not uploaded well; [solution] overwrite the files of the component from clean installation
- there is a javascript conflict; [solution] unpublishing plugin after plugin till this starts to work to make sure which plugin is interferring with the script

GK User
Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:30 pm
Thank you. I reinstalled everything from the back end but the issue remains. Was this what you meant?

For the plugins - that may be a little difficult, I think I have some 4-5 pages with plugins.

Thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:36 pm
Hi

Check only the plugins for admin panel.

GK User
Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:13 am
I am still in the same position as i posted earlier and like dsa787, just worked on another website installing corporate2 template and the same thing happens there cannot save a tab, maybe its my hosting server!?

Paul
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:21 am
I've just figured what was my problem : CKEditor. When this editor is enabled the tabs don't save. If I disable it then everything works. Hope this helps others.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:31 am
That works for me too, disabled in global configuration back to tiny mce editor, can now save tabs,

Thanks man, going to see if i can get tabs to work properly on home page now

;-)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:12 pm
Hi

Wow. That odd. I would have never thought about it :(

I'm sending it to our programmer. Thanks.

GK User
Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:07 pm
Thanks so much for the solution, I have the same problem, and never would have guessed it was ckeditor.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:34 am
Hi all,

I had the same problem (also CK installed and not able to add tabs). I noticed that when I disable the GK Tabs WYSIWYG, the problem is solved (disable in options menu of gk tabs).

Hope this helps.
Fresh Boarder