adding more tab position options

Tabs Joomla module is the easiest way to create and manage your content via tabs.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:01 pm
hi there

i am wanting to expand the module list to include more than 10 tab options - how can i do this?

ie:

tab1
tab2
etc
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:31 pm
Hi

Please edit /modules/mod_tabs_gk4/admin/elements/tabmanager.php and around line 23 add more options to select field:

Code: Select all
<option value="tab11">tab11</option>

GK User
Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:29 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please edit /modules/mod_tabs_gk4/admin/elements/tabmanager.php and around line 23 add more options to select field:

Code: Select all
<option value="tab11">tab11</option>

thanks for this - it does add the positions on the list., but when i go to load them into the module - it bumps them all back to tab10

are there other steps, like actually adding module positions elsewhere? how do i acheive this?

as the modules technically dont appear on the site's main template, just in the module, how is this done?
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:46 am
Hi

I do not quite understand what is wrong. Can You explain it better ?

In joomla 2.5 You do not need to define all module positions because panel is allowing to type a module position from keybord. Anyway a lost of position is stored in templateDetails.xml , so You can add new position there.

GK User
Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:28 am

I do not quite understand what is wrong. Can You explain it better ?

In joomla 2.5 You do not need to define all module positions because panel is allowing to type a module position from keybord. Anyway a lost of position is stored in templateDetails.xml , so You can add new position there.

hi - i have done that - but instead of loading tab11, tab12, tab13 etc, its loading all of those new positions with tab10 (which was the highest tab on the module as built by gavick.

so not sure whats wrong :(

(you can see this in action in the tabs on my homepage "opinionists" instead of loading the three different modules, its just loading tab10 over and over for any "new" tab position.) site: guidetogay.com
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:49 pm
Hi

Please send me new access to ftp and joomla panel. I'll check what is wrong.

GK User
Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:00 am

Please send me new access to ftp and joomla panel. I'll check what is wrong.

thanks - have PM's you the details.

cheers

Rob
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:17 pm
Hi

Modification was almost fine, You have changed names, but values were left as "tab10", now it will be ok.