Tabs module produces unvalid html code

Tabs Joomla module is the easiest way to create and manage your content via tabs.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:05 am
Hey,

I have my homepage that uses the Gavick Tabs GK3 on Joomla 1.5. It works pretty goof but a html validation by http://validator.w3.org says the html has validation. This corresponds to the tabs texts itself:
Code: Select all
<li id="tabmix1_tab_1" class="">
   <span>
      <strong>1.</strong>
        <dl>
         <dt>Text on the tab</dt>   
         <dd></dd>
      </dl>
   </span>
</li>

The validation issue is:
Line 196, Column 24: document type does not allow element "dl" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag
<dl>

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.
One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").

I tried instally the html tidy plugin, which changes the content to the following code:
Code: Select all
<li id="tabmix1_tab_1" class="">                               
   <span>
      <strong>1.</strong>
   </span>                                   
   <dl>                                     
      <dt>
         <span>Text on the tab</span>
      </dt>                                     
   </dl>
 </li>

This is clean html but the tab-text is not visible there. I guess because the text is not inside a span-flow und therefore gets displayed below the tab-border (non visible).

One solution might be to remove the dl- and dt-tags and style the text isolated. But I did not find out in which php-files these tags get inserted. I nearly saearched the whole /module/mod_gk_tab folder - without success.

Do you have any ideas to solve this issue? Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:46 pm
Hi

Code looks ok for validation so I would look for an error somewhere else. Most probably in one of the articles displayed on this page.