Auto Heights for Tabs

Tabs Joomla module is the easiest way to create and manage your content via tabs.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:18 pm
Hello,

First, happy new year to all!

Is it possible to set module height of tabs gk4 (v1.4) as auto? All i can see is a module height parameter in px under basic parameters.

Regards,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:06 pm
Hi,

- Open file: \modules\mod_tabs_gk4\helper.php

- Find:
Code: Select all
$document->addStyleDeclaration('#'.$this->config['module_id'].' .gkTabContainer0, #'.$this->config['module_id'].' .gkTabContainer1, #'.$this->config['module_id'].' .gkTabContainer2 { height: '.$this->config['module_height'].'px; }');

- Change to:
Code: Select all
if($this->config['module_height']=="auto"){
         $document->addStyleDeclaration('#'.$this->config['module_id'].' .gkTabContainer0, #'.$this->config['module_id'].' .gkTabContainer1, #'.$this->config['module_id'].' .gkTabContainer2 { height: '.$this->config['module_height'].'; }');
      }else{
         $document->addStyleDeclaration('#'.$this->config['module_id'].' .gkTabContainer0, #'.$this->config['module_id'].' .gkTabContainer1, #'.$this->config['module_id'].' .gkTabContainer2 { height: '.$this->config['module_height'].'px; }');
      }

Then input "auto" to the setting field.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:05 pm
When the page is loading everything seems working great, but when it is loaded completely tabs' contents are suddenly dissappeared and tab modules show only the tabs' titles.

Thanks for your help!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:45 pm
Can you please provide me with your site URL and FTP access then I will check further for you?

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:42 pm
Don Lee wrote:Can you please provide me with your site URL and FTP access then I will check further for you?

Thanks,

Thank you, sent you the details via PM.

Best Regards,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:03 pm
Hi,

Thank you for the PM, I saw the issue and tried to check but badly couldn't fix it out, I didn't think that it would require a javascript code to detect module's width with 'auto' set, and sadly this is going out of my support scope, a developer might know exactly how to deal with this customization.

I also will request our development team to add this feature for next version.

Thanks for understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:59 pm
Thanks for your help and time!
That would be really great to have that feature :)

Best Regards,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri May 04, 2012 12:38 pm
Hello,

I have the same issue and I wonder if it's going to be fixed any time soon? I would like tabs to have automatic height based on the height of the tab content.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat May 05, 2012 4:01 pm
Yes we will add the feature soon, am waiting for some information from our developers and will update you guys soon when the fix is ready.

Cheers,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun May 06, 2012 6:22 pm
That's would be great... Unfortunately, here's no option to subscribe a thread or even RSS link too track all the news.
The issue of auto-height of tabs module is VERY important for us and keeps us away from implementing at our site. I'm quite disappointed that good Polish company makes such raw products. And yet another thing... a website (update section and many others) also needs to be updated. It's sad and confusing when I'm looking for a information on gavick.com and there are irrelevant and old articles and posts.

Let's say it straight in Polish:
Strona gavick.com jest kiepsko aktualizowana, moduł z tabulatorami - niedorobiony (brak auto-height, co jest kluczowe dla stron dynamicznych). Szkoda, że fajna polska firma odwala taką fuszerę.

To ja, Jarząbek byłem. ;)

Cheers,

Don Lee wrote:Yes we will add the feature soon, am waiting for some information from our developers and will update you guys soon when the fix is ready.

Cheers,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun May 06, 2012 8:56 pm
Hi,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience, this is our developer's response:
It will be implemented in the Tabs GK5 which will be released in this month

I hope it's a good news for you guys.

Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder