Tabs stopped working after move to live server

Discussion about the best Joomla tabs module. Highly customisable and easy to use.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:00 pm
Hello Gavick

I just uploaded a site to the live server and on the 'HomePage' the 'Tabs gk5 & NewsShow gk4' stopped working. Locally everything was fine.
I've tried to reset some config from the modules but it seems it is conflicting in some jQuery files.
Often it's the K2 component which is causing issues but I can't seem to figure out where I go wrong. I disabled K2 jQuery and using the latest modules version.

From the GK NewsShow the only thing which is not working is the navigation-arrows. They are enabled in the admin section but it is also conflicting. The Tabs disappeared completely and is not loading.

Here are some screenshots of the module settings and how it should look like form my local install.

Regards,

Coen
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:38 am
There should be no difference between localhost and live server in terms of site mechanics. It looks like you did something diferently on the server or it has some limitations. Please check javascript console for errors.
If it is only jQuery problem, please try this plugin:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ipts/18327
It might help.

GK User
Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:11 pm
Hi Cyberek,

Thanks for the extension. I'm always using this when I encounter jQuery issues. This issue is caused only when I put the site in 'Maintenance mode' WHen I disable this the tabs are properly working.

I didn't figure out yet where it goes wrong thou.

Cheers!

Coen
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:28 pm
Perhaps in maintenance mode jQuery easy doesn't work.
Beside that I can't help much more.