Tabs not working when clicked

Discussion about the best Joomla tabs module. Highly customisable and easy to use.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:50 am
I had this problem before and it disappeared on its own. But this time it seems like it's here to stay. Tabs simply won't work no matter what I do. There's error from facebook module in the console. FIrst I thought maybe that's the problem, but tabs didn't work even after I've disabled FB module and got rid of errors in the console.

Here's the link to my page:
http://autorevija.kuhada.com/

Thanks for any help you can get me.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:00 pm
Hi

Please make sure You are using the latest version of this module and if default javascript is forced in its settings.

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:23 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please make sure You are using the latest version of this module and if default javascript is forced in its settings.

Yes, I'm using the latest version and I can see that the script is included into the document. Also, I have tried setting "load script" to forced mode to be sure it's loaded but it still doesn't work.

Weird thing is that I'm not getting any errors (except thing from facebook but I've allready excluded that), and all other JavaScript works fine.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:07 pm

I have found bug in your code. More or less...

It seems like part of code is removing all classes from ".gkTabsNav .gkTab" elements (including .gkTab it self) and it's only leaving "id" class for each tab.

For example :
This (what I currently have)
Code: Select all
<li class="gkTabs-1" data-animation="default">...</li>

Should look like this
Code: Select all
<li class="gkTab gkTabs-1" data-animation="default">...</li>

I have checked php script and it's inserting gkTab class. I think this actually happened after the latest update of gkTabs so you want to check it out.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:03 pm
Hi

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I can see tabs are now working at Your site. I will let programmers know that this requires some checking.

GK User
Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:04 am

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I can see tabs are now working at Your site. I will let programmers know that this requires some checking.

I see that this wasn't fixed - no update since then. Now on my site tabs had stoped working. need some help here. http://v-boge.org/ at this part of the frontpage: https://yadi.sk/i/XmgDBaGgi26LX
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:09 am
Sorry, figured out it was due to the jQuery Easy plugin installed. Turned it off and Tabs began to work. So, obviously I don't know how to use this jQuery Easy... (((
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:31 pm
Hi

Easy jQuery is only replacing all jQuery libraries with the one selected in it's settings. So if there is a conflict with wrong jQuery version used or a conflict with multiple different jQuery libraries loading it can solve it and use the one we want. But sometimes it requires checking couple of different versions before we will find one that fits all extensions at the same time.