Cant't change language or upload images

Professional Joomla restaurant template comes with a custom animated modules and advanced typography elements.
GK User
Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:24 pm
Bildschirmfoto-2014-12-15-um-20.14.48.jpg

Hi there, actually I'm using the restaurant theme for a new website. For some reason I cannot change my language in the backend. The language manager says:

Not enough I'm also not able to upload images. The system says: "Warning: Failed to move file! Error Unable to upload file."

Bildschirmfoto-2014-12-15-um-20.20.54.jpg

Any help is appreciated,
Dennis
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:43 pm
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

teitbite
Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:16 pm
Hi

I've checked and I can this of 2 reasons of such behaviour.

1. A path to /tmp folder is wrong, but than images should have no issue to be uploaded
2. And the most possible is that the server permissions does not allow script to create files. You need to ask Your hosting provider to rise permissions so scripts will be able to create, unzip and execute files.

GK User
Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:04 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

I've checked and I can this of 2 reasons of such behaviour.

1. A path to /tmp folder is wrong, but than images should have no issue to be uploaded
2. And the most possible is that the server permissions does not allow script to create files. You need to ask Your hosting provider to rise permissions so scripts will be able to create, unzip and execute files.

Thanks, I will ask them.

Greetings
Dennis
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:09 pm
Hi

Ok. Let me know when You will have an answer. This is a most possible reason, but if not than I'll look further.

GK User
Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:22 pm
The problem were the permissions. Thanks a lot, now it works fine!
Dennis
Senior Boarder