How to create new K2 CSS file assigned to category

Professional Joomla restaurant template comes with a custom animated modules and advanced typography elements.
GK User
Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:09 pm
Hello, I need to create a new K2 template for some K2 categories. I have created it and I can select it in the K2 category parameters and everything is working fine but what I cannot figure out is how to create its own K2.css file.
I named the new K2 template "recipes" and then I created a "recipes_style.css" file but it's not loading. I have done this in the past with success, so I cannot understand why it is not working now.

Kind regards,
Manos Krokos
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:38 am
Hi

I'm afraid it will not work this way. Best option will be to add a new css selector to php files of new template, as "recipes" in the upper layer than in ordinary k2.css add overrides to styles with this selector in front, like:

Code: Select all
.recipes .itemHeader {
font-size: 40px;
}

GK User
Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:05 pm
Hi Teitbite and thanks for the response.

I installed css4k2 and now it works as I described. Hopefully, it will continue to work with future k2 and joomla updates since the developer won't support this anymore.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:47 pm
Hi

Ok. Great to hear it's working. I've never heared about this css4k2. Need to look closer into this.

GK User
Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:12 am
Hi,

Could you please provide me some link to css4k2 as it doesn't seem to be available anymore? I'd be really grateful.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:06 pm

GK User
Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:01 pm
Thanks.
Senior Boarder