K2 product catalog

Professional Joomla restaurant template comes with a custom animated modules and advanced typography elements.
GK User
Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:42 am
Hi!

i 'd like to have a K2 product catalog connected with its categories. Do I have to install any extent or is it possible editing the category parameters? In that case I 'd be grateful if I had some help 'cause I 've already played with changing some parameters but I had no chance.

Thanks

mumsbitar.se
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:02 am
Maybe I wasn't clear. I meant that i want that all products of a category are displayed in columns like in a catalog.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:04 am
Hi,
how many columns you want ?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:08 am
I don't know... If I take account the width of the layout and the image size of the products so I can say 4 columns?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:21 am
If you go to category settings in right column you can set count of columns for items. And also you can set image size for them. Here you will be able to set for columns. One thing more you need to do is change size for your items. If you for example set S as a size then you need click Parameters from top menu. Here in popup go to images tab and here you will set width for S size.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:04 am
Hi Konrad!
As you can see I made some changes in 'olivoljor' category like columns display and title font size... I am getting close but there are still some issues:

1. margin between item wrap
2. price & quantity are in conflict
3. I want the introtext below the image
4. border between items could be a nice dolution

p.s: I made some changes in k2.css but I wonder if it is not good and I have to add code in override.css instead.

thanks a lot for your help

www.mumsbitar.se
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:45 am
Well, best way to add any changes in css is override.css file. It will allow you to keep your changes in further template updates.
To fix 1 and 2 please go to the template settings and in 'Features' section find 'Suffix for pages' option. Please add your own suffix for example ' mysuffix' to this page (ID of page you will fin in menu items) and then add to override.css
Code: Select all
.mysuffix .itemList article {
    margin-left:15px;
}
.mysuffix .itemList article .product_price {
float: right;
width: auto;
}

.mysuffix .itemList article .product_quantity_input {
float: left;
width: 20%;
}

Remember to enable override.css option in template settings.

To fix point 3 please try increase image a little more in k2 parameteres.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:41 pm
Hi again!

I did all you suggested but as far as the css changes concerned, they haven't been applied. Could you please take a look again. Plus, are you sure that the floats you 've written are not vise versa? As ID I put 234 the menu item 'skafferiet' that includes all K2 categories (products categories).
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:56 am
I don't see suffix applied to this page. Please send me Private Message with access to your backend I will check it. Remember add link to this topic.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:10 am
If you want to add suffix for page, this page has to be an item for main menu. Please check I added this item to Categories item and suffix showed up. Please check if css code I gave is one you want.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:05 pm
thanks Konrad. It works fine!
Senior Boarder