Add a new font

Professional Joomla restaurant template comes with a custom animated modules and advanced typography elements.
GK User
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:52 pm
Hello,
I have found a new font - Monika or Monica... The font file is .zip. I see at the options in template that has a Standart, Google fonts and Squirrel... and my question is how to change font in all my site with this that I have downloaded...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 pm
Hi,
1) first you have to unzip font, none of CMS can use zipped fonts ;)
2) you can change font (BebasNeue) from orginal Restaurant template to yours
3) if yes, in this folder gk_restaurant\fonts\BebasNeue - upload here your font with all file extensions
font.png

4) rename your new font filename to "old" BebasNeue font filenames. Do not touch .css file.
5) So if you in backend configuration of template choose BebasNeue you'll get "Monica" font, I hope so.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:54 pm
Thank you for your response but when I extract the file there is only one file Monika.TTF.... do you know where I can find the Monika(Monica) font to change in Restaurant template....
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:37 pm
So any solution how to add this style? Or where I get other file of monica style and add it?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:11 pm
To create all fonts for web you have to use : http://www.fontsquirrel.com/tools/webfont-generator

1) Upload your font (unzipped!!)
2) Choose options
3) It will generate all type of font that you need.
Remember to uzip file after tool will generate it, to use on webpage.

Watch this move : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n58nd6484L8
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:03 am
Thank you it works.
My last question is:
When I generated a web font kit for Monica there is some files and has a stylesheet.css file.
I upload all files to folder but I don't upload this stylesheet and I use the other stylesheet. It is correct? Or for every new font I must upload a stylesheet that is from web front kit?
Senior Boarder