Opening links in modal or new window

Create fresh and professional look of personal or blog websites with AppsPro Tech
GK User
Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:04 am
Hi, i have used News Show Pro GK5 to pull up some rss news which is being displayed nicely on the site, however the links open away from my site to the rss site. Is there a way to get it to open in a modal/lightbox or at least a new window to display the news? Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:23 am
The new window might be done, but module modification is required.

GK User
Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:47 pm
Hi Cyberek, will be more helpful if you can be a bit specific. I checked everywhere in the module but can't find anywhere to set how links open. A bit more specific info will be much appreciated, thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:50 am
From what I know AppsProTech comes with NSP4, have you replaced it with NSP5?

GK User
Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:12 pm
Yes i used NSP5, am i supposed to use NSP4?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:58 pm
No I just need to be sure what you would need to edit.
One last question J3.x or J2.x version of template / joomla?

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:54 am
J3.x version
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:14 pm
One more last thing - could you please post an url to your site where you have this NSP module configured?

GK User
Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:20 am
Unfortunately i was compelled to take it off and use an extension which works pretty fine but unfortunately doesn't show photos in the feed. If you can get that done then i am happy to recreate that page with NSP as that one can show photos. This is what i was hoping for using NSP, check it out on the link. http://fransylmedia.com/index.php/template (If you click on a news item it opens in a modal rather than go to the website causing people to leave your website).Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:08 pm
Doing it in modal is not possible, but opening new window/tab is, but I need a sample live site with module configured in a way it works as you would like except opening in new window.