League News Install Issues

Premium sports magazine Joomla template with clean, easy to customize and unique design.
GK User
Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:50 pm
For some reason, I could not install League News Quick Start, so I installed League News j 3.4. However, I don't have the modules that would be in the Quick Start so that the website will look like the demo. Should I download and install the "rest files 3.x"?

Please advise.

Thank you.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:54 am
Hi,
Template and QuickStart are two different package.
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... rt-package

I suggest to install QS again, maybe tips from that guide will help you:
https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... o-fix-them
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:18 am
Thank you; I decided to continue building the website using League News j 3.4 and install various modules to accomplish a similar look.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:55 pm
I received a 1064 Error when I tried installing the News Show Pro GK5 module into the League News template. I changed the Time Offset from 0 through +12 (advice I saw on a Gavick forum) and I still get the same result a 1064 Error, regardless of the Time Offset value. As you know, this 1064 Error shuts down the entire website.

From my online research, this error is rather prevalent with Gavick's templates and has been going on for more than a year and the only resolution seems to be for a Gavick moderator to go inside the back end of my website to repair.

Please advise.

Thank you.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:14 am
That "1064 Error " makes us angry. I'm tired of it as much as you.
but try this

1) Install NSP GK5 v.1.8.0.6 (latest version)
2) Clear the browser and CMS cache
3) Resave the module settings.

If will not help please ask dziudek - Administrator - he is father of this software.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:13 pm
Thank you for your prompt response.

As I endeavor to create this website using Gavick’s League News template the hard way since for some reason I could not install the Quick Start package, I’d like to make sure I am using the most appropriate module for each section and the module position.

Friday Nights Photo
Custom Module
Module Position - Top 1

Latest News
News Pro Show GK5
Module Position - Left

Popular News
News Pro Show GK5
Module Position - Left

K2 Comments & K2 Tags
Tabs Module
Module Position - User 1

Video Best of 2011
News Pro Show GK5
Module Position – Top

NFL Spotlight
News Pro Show GK5
Module Position - Main Body

NFL Gallery
News Pro Show GK5
Module Position - Top 6

Headlines
News Pro Show GK5
Module Position - Right

The section between Video Best of 2011 and NFL Spotlight without a name, does it also use the News Pro Show GK5 module in the Main Body module position?

Lastly, I am assuming that every time I use the News Show Pro GK5 module, I will need to upload it every time and change the file name so that it will have a unique position within the template/website?

Please advise and thank you for your help.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:37 pm
Here are all settings: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... ion-joomla

About problems with QuickStart , why don't you use localhost software to install on your PC/Mac
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:14 pm
Thank you!
Junior Boarder