Problem with displaying mobile site version

Premium sports magazine Joomla template with clean, easy to customize and unique design.
GK User
Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:34 pm
Hello

I have a problem with displaying this site in french and english mobile versions :

http://chateau-de-barbarin.fr/

Thanks for help
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:34 pm
Hi

Can You tell me what is the problem exactly ? Site looks ok in both languages to me.

GK User
Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:07 pm
Hello,

That's right, desktop version site is ok in both languages, but mobile version site is not ok in both languages.

Please note that templates parameters are :
- gk_league_news - FR : Use mobile version = "Enable" and Mobile menu name = "Menu mobile"
- gk_league_news - EN : Use mobile version = "Enable" and Mobile menu name = "Mobile menu"

Thanks for help
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:18 am
Hi

Ok, but responsive layout is disabled. Am I right ? Please send me an access to joomla panel. I do not understand what is the problem still. Can You please tell me exactly what "is not ok", so I can focus on it ?

GK User
Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:16 pm
Hello,

This template does not have a responsive layout, but a second mobile version.

But I find that when I use a smartphone emulator on PC, everything is OK. So I think the problem is with my smartphone, although the browser is set to "Preference web = mobile version ". This is probably a bug in my smartphone.

I will come to you if necessary.
Thanks
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:16 pm
For information :
- my Windows phone does not display the Gavick template mobile website version since it was upgraded to Windows 8.1
- some other sites are OK (mobile version) with windows phone 8.1 ...
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:32 pm
Hi

Och, sorry. It was a long time since someone asked about one of our older non-responsive templates, so please forgive me the wrong answer here ;/

Unfortunately I think problem is with the mobile recognition script. It's outdated probably and not all devices are included.

GK User
Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:24 pm
Hello,

OK, thank you. I will use one of the latest "responside design" templates

Regards
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:17 pm
Hi

Och, that would be the best option :) I was looking for some 3rd party device recognition as this one https://code.google.com/p/php-mobile-detect/ to make it, but Your solution is much, much better :)

GK User
Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:41 pm
I agree with you, that's the best solution to choose responsive template. The disadvantage is not be able to lighten mobile site.
Thanks
Expert Boarder