Quickstart Installation Failing

Premium sports magazine Joomla template with clean, easy to customize and unique design.
GK User
Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:42 pm
Hello,

I'm trying to install the league news template on a localhost using the quickstart file that I downloaded today. However, the installation is failing on the third step of the installation.

I'm currently running the latest version of XAMPP and have been able to successfully install Joomla 3.2 on the local host using files I downloaded from Joomla.org. This indicates to me that my localhost and database are running properly. I was also able to install the league news template into Joomla 3.2 which works fine. However, I want to start with the data files that are in the demo of this template.

When I try to use the quickstart file the installation progresses normally until step three. Here's a screenshot of what comes up in step three:

As you can see the "preinstallation check" and "recommended settings" sections are blank. When I click the "next" button it appears to go through the install process but, when the installation timer disappears, it just goes back to this same screen. No errors appear.

I redownloaded the quickstart file and tried again (several times) but it doesn't want to work.

Could someone provide a suggestion on how best to proceed? Is there an alternate way to load all the default data into the template?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:14 pm
Hi,
1) Check those tips: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... -fix-them/

2) Maybe server settings are not perfect, increase database values in php.ini - because demo data is large file.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:00 am
Thanks Pawel,

Once I increased the database values in php.ini the install worked fine. Looks like I'm up and running.

Thanks again for your help.

TIm
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:35 pm
71Corvette wrote:Thanks Pawel,

Once I increased the database values in php.ini the install worked fine. Looks like I'm up and running.

Thanks again for your help.

TIm

Hi Tim,
i know that this varies from provider to provider. But could you write here down your php.ini !?
I am having some very strange issues. I installed the NEWS TEMPLATE a few weeks ago and all went fine.
Now i am installing the same template on the same server but on a subfolder and the installation stops at the third step.
Very nasty.

So could you post your ini in here? Thanks in advance!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:56 pm
Edit the memory_limit parameter in the php.ini file
memory_limit = 64M ;
- this should help

p.s.
I updated Guide on WIKI, please check for more details : http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... -fix-them/.
Platinum Boarder