MainMenu Item Color - SubMenu Item Color

Premium sports magazine Joomla template with clean, easy to customize and unique design.
GK User
Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:13 pm
Hi,

is it possible to change just one menu item - submenu item, background/foreground color?

For example on the DEMO version of this template you guys have a menu item called "Menu Types". Can you change the foreground-background color of that particular item? And if so, how?

Also the same question applies for submenu items... On the DEMO version of this template, by clicking on Menu Types, a drop-down list appears and its third item is called "Split Menu". Can you change the background-foreground color of that particular item, and if so, how?

Thank you for your time and effort
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 pm
Hi,
yes you can. Please go to menu settings. Here in right column you will find 'Menu Params(GavicPro)' section. Here you will find 'Additional class' option. Add own class to this menu item. And then add css rules for this item in override.css file.

GK User
Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:59 pm
I have read that on another topic. Any ideas on how to create the class? Override css?
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:27 pm
Ok so please add class to this menu item and give me url to your website. And let me know what exactly you want to achieve.

GK User
Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 pm
Sent u PM, thanks..
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:58 pm
Try add this code to override.css
Code: Select all
li.redclass {
background: red !important;
color: #fff;
margin: 0 -20px;
}
li.redclass a {
margin: 0 20px;
}

and remember to enable override.css option in template settings.

GK User
Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:49 pm
almost there... background is ok... font color will not change though... I tried adding after the "#fff" the "!important" statement but it won't change..
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:36 pm
also, the margins are not correct for the background color.. I was hoping from the beginning (left) of the drop-down list to the end (right)..
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:56 pm
Update...

using only the

"li.redclass a" section, colors work as expected. Any ideas regarding the margins?
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:32 am
I can't check because login details you send me don't work anymore.