submenu don't appear in certain pages

Premium sports magazine Joomla template with clean, easy to customize and unique design.
GK User
Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 pm
Hello,
I can't find out why sublevels of my menus do not appear in some circunstances.
See the website http://www.surfingfrance.com
You can see the third level menus
Federation
> Presentation
>> Mission
>> Historique
>> ...

But if you go on the Contact page : http://www.surfingfrance.com/infos/contactez-nous.html
Nothing is displayed under the second level for
Federation > Présentation
and
Fédération > Formation
But still ok for other items of this meu Federation...

Who can explain me where the problem is?
The html code shows all sublevels but mouseover action do not trigger the menu.

Please, could yo help ?
Thanks
Phil
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:05 pm
Hi

Submenu works for me in both examples. Have You fixed it already or is it happening only in some browsers. I was checking with Safari and FF.

GK User
Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:16 pm
Hello,

Yes the do disappear :)
I'm on PC, but I've tested with 3 browsers.

I attached 2 pix here, made with Chrome/PC

The first where you can see the third level menu (on homepage)
The second where the same third level menu do not appear (on contact page)

01_SubmenuOverHome.jpg

02_NoSubmenuOverContact.jpg

Thanks ;)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:43 am
Hi

I've borrowed a laptop and it's still visible under WIn7 Chrome and IE. Please try contact me on Skype: teitbite

I'll check that on Your computer while sharing screen. Please make sure You have kind of a dev tool installed under the browser this problem is visible.

GK User
Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 pm
Hi,

I sent you a PM with my Skype info, I just can't to get in touch with you :cry:

Thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:03 am
Hi

I do not have Your PM, but I remember activating You on my skype. Please just talk to me there talk to me there. If I'll be online I'll answer.

teitbite
Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:13 pm
Hi

Finally we met and fixed it with this code:

Code: Select all
#gkDropSub ul li:hover > ul {
    left: auto !important;
}

GK User
Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:54 pm
Hello,

After research, I've found the problem for the validation error you indicated me.
A closing span was missing is the template file layouts/blocks/footer.php
In fact, there was a opened <span> at line 16 that don't have any closing one, so I erased this <span>, and the validation error was gone.
Fine.

BUT... I have stil a problem with the dropline menu. :(
The class "active" should be applied on any first level element of the main menu. But it' doesn't
On some element of the main menu ("Equipe de France" and "Ecoles") the active class is not activated when mouse is over and... the submenu in the dropline does not appear. :dry:

I think it's maybe a bug as every menus are build the same way.
Thanks for your help
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:09 pm
Hi

The issue You have mentioned about footer is not present in clean template package. Are You sure it's not coming from other modifications ? Anyway I still can see the HTML tag issue:

Error: No p element in scope but a p end tag seen.

From line 262, column 149; to line 262, column 152
/></form></p>

GK User
Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:23 pm
This little </p> has been fixed now, but it's not the problem, because if you are on that page http://www.surfingfrance.com/infos/qual ... risme.html
the 'active' class doe not activate on mouseover for the last 3 menu items.

And sorry to confirm but the template itself does have a unclosed span tag in the footer has you can see here :
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ne&group=0

Line 1032, Column 7: Unclosed element span.
<span>
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 pm
Hi

You are right about the bug. Programmers probably didn't update the demo, but I do not have this error listed on my copy of newest quickstart version. I'll report this to them.

I see this class issue, but the code I gave You previously is making it acting as it should. I believe this bug can be related with a javascript conflict than if a validation issue I was blaming before is fixed now. This will be very hard to find so if the css solution is working fine for You than I would leave it this way. If not than You will need to unpublish extention after extention till this start to work as expected. Than the last extension unpublished will be to blame for this conflict.

GK User
Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:43 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
I tried to disable all modules on a copy of the website, and the js class problem is still there.
Please, have a look here :
http://ffs.a51.fr/index.php?option=com_ ... Itemid=263

Your css fix is ok for the third level menus, and I thank you.
But here we can see a problem on second level menus, the ones which should appear in the dropline.
When the mouse is over the last three main menu items (gkDropMainxxx), the corresponding gkDropSubxxx do not inherit of "active" class.

If you nedd so, I can create you an admin account on this joomla website

Philippe
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:27 pm
Hello again,

I think I've found something really interesting.
The problem seems to come from the dropline menu js when third level menu items are present.

My test:
1/ I've unpublished all third level menu items of the menu "Fédération" (the only one that contain these third menus level)
Everything was ok! No more problem on the following menu item "Equipe de France"...

2/ I re-published only one third level menu item in the "Federation" menu and bang again, the following menu does not activate submenu anymore. ;)

So please, contact me in order to test together, or I can give you access to admin if you prefer.
Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 am
Please add the additional SPAN element in file layouts/blocks/footer.php line 17 right after the closing IF statement like here :

Code: Select all
<?php endif; ?></span>
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:58 am
bkrztuk wrote:Please add the additional SPAN element...

Yes, we have seen that little fix, but it is not the origin of the dropline menu problem :cry:

As I said in my last message, dropline menus are buggy when third level items are published.
I am at your disposal to test the behavior on the development url : http://ffs.a51.fr/

Thanks for your help
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:45 am
Hmm... I've checked your site, see the only one menu item with 3rd level. I've clicked this menu item and see the submenu like on image here >> http://d.pr/i/SoVz could you tell me what is wrong here ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:42 pm
Thanks for your feedback. I'll try to explain again where the problem is exactly

The problem is not located on third level items but on the first level items :)
The main menu of my website contains first level items which have all submenus (2nd level items), except the "Contact" item.

- Everything is ok for submenus of Actualité - Compétition and Fédération
- As you have seen the 1st level item "Fédération" contains also a 3rd level item (Missions as we can see on you screenshot)
- But... we can't see second level items of Equipe De France and Écoles in the dropline when mouse is over those two items

If I unpublish the third level item "Missions", then, everything get back to normal: we can see the second level items for Equipe De France and Écoles in the dropline :)

So, I notice that if I activate third level items in Féderation when the mouse is over the following first level item "Equipe de France" (which have a id="gkDropMainxxx"), the corresponding gkDropSubxxx do not inherit of "active" class.

Hope I am clear enough as english is not my native language :oops:
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:19 am
Could you contact with me via PM and provide me FTP access to your site ? Please remember to include link to this forum topic.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:48 am
Hello bkrztuk,

I tried to send you PM, but messages stay in the outbox... (2 messages are there but they are not sent to you, don't know what's happening)
Do you have a external email where I can write ot you about this menu problem?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:06 pm
Hello bkrztuk,

With all access to the site, did you find anything about this problem?

Thanks
Philippe
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:18 am
Did you get my latest PM ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:26 pm
I've had only one from you : Sent: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 am
and I replied to you (Sent: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 am) with access account to the joomla back-end.
Did you received it?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:42 am
No, I've just my inbox.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 am
I've just resent to you the login information to the back-end of the test website.
Thanks for your help :)
Junior Boarder