Strange bad layout of all the pages (Need help)

GK User
Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:15 pm
Hi all !
I have this site running since more than one year and I just discovered that it looks strange (before I update). Here is my configuration now and still the problem :
Joomla! 2.5.27, VirtueMart 2.6.12.2
A link in order to have a look : http://www.edp44.com/en/
Better than words : here is the bad layout (too large on the right side) :
problem.png

and here is what it should look like :
normal.png

I do not know what did the change because I am very cautious making the updates.
Could anybody help me ?

I noticed that I can change it when I activate the inspector (firebug) and disable overflow and width. But I really do not know how to do that in the CSS override file. Any help for the code ?
Here is what I disable for it to work nicely (what is inline:1. It should be a css file normaly) ?
inspector-modifications.png

Thanks for your look at my problem.
Kris
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:38 pm
Hi,
nobody to help me make the change. I really do not know what to do.
Is it hard for you too ?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:02 pm
when using firebug I know the problem exist because of these 2 lines
Code: Select all
.clear {
    overflow: auto !important;
    width: 100% !important;
}

and these lines have to be deleted but how ?
These lines appear but not in a css file !

HELP Please

Thanks
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:20 pm
One more information which is important :
I tried under windows vista with internet explorer and chrome and no problem !!!!

The problem occures on 2 mac osx. One is 10.8.5 (safari 6.0.5, chrome 21.0.1180.90 and firefox 33.03 or even firefox 33.1.1) and the other is Mac OSX 10.9.5 with firefox 33.1.1 but working well under safari 7.1 (9537.85.10.17.1), and chrome 38.0.2125.122.

Tried as well on another mac runing mac osx 10.10 with firefox 19.0.2 or updated to 33.1.1 and safari 8.0 or chrome 38.0.2125.111 all is working perfectly.

I encounter the same problem on another template in progress (old under joomla 1.5.24 and virtuemart 1.1.9 : http://www.horticat.fr/site/ Look at the left.
and the same but under joomla 2.5.27 and virtuemart 2.0.26d : http://www.horticat.fr/site2/ Look at the search module
A strange thing is that it is not the same template and the joomla and virtuemart versions are different.
I must say that this appeared without any change on the admin side.

I would like at least to know how to get rid of the code by pasting (in override.css file) something opposite to this code
Code: Select all
.clear {
 overflow: auto !important;
 width: 100% !important;
    }

What would it be ?
Please my friends, what is going on ?
Kris (who need your help).
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:18 pm
Found the problem, at last ! :oops:
iTube Studio 5.3.3.0 is an extension in firefox or safari ou other navigator that allows to download a youtube (or other) video instead of just watching the video.
But it seems buggy.
Sorry for my messages. Please mark it as solved if you can.
Expert Boarder