eSport a few issues I need help!

GK User
Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:09 am
Hi,

I would like to integrate eSport with Virtuemart. And I have a few issues:

1. How to switch off the Regisration popup but I would like to keep the Registration link/buttow from the ome page? (It can redirect to normal registration)

2. I would like to have one registration form on my website so I instaled JoomlaXi Registration Redirector and it's works. The main registration is Virtuemart right now, but when someone click link from e-mail to activate an account it doesn't activate the accout. The website address is eboxer.pl . Could someone you help please me with this problem, because I don't know what to do?

3. The last one thing is on my registration page http://eboxer.pl/index.php/virtuemart/a ... aintenance I have doubled buttons how to switch them I mean those doubled?

Marek
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:38 am
1. This change require some default.php file modification by removing the option to check whether the module is displayed and just leave the link button in default template place.

2. User account activation is not template issue is rather Joomla registration form problem. Template can't overwrite any core Joomla features like user managements and especially it is impossible to affect on cart activation.

3. This is not default registration view and I suspect this is caused by some 3rd party extension. To remove this duplicated buttons you should contact with the extension provider.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:57 am
thank you bkrztuk for you help,

1. Can you please give me precise direction how to do that?

2. To be frank. I downloaded tamplate from your website and instaled on my serwer. I didn't update anything, one thing I instaled is JoomlaXi Registration Redirector regarding your website advice (integration 3 registration to 1). Can you give me any solution for that issue because for me it doesn't work and I don't know what to do.

3. I don't understand clearly what I have to do? Do you have any version of eSport template where everything works?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:55 am
Firstly please try to remove this extension because this cause problems with your register area and yes there is a package where this problem not exist - in clean package from ypiur website without 3rd party extensions. The all problems with register work and layout are caused by this plugin.

In regard to login button could you firstly show me your website ? i want to make sure that you use default login module.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:29 pm
Ok, I have just unistalled that plugin.

My temporary website address: eboxer.pl

1. I would like to have only one registration via Virtuemart
2. There still is the bug with e-mail activation from Virtuemart
3. There is a bug if you go home page / new products section / click any product and you can't click anything
4. Virtuemart has got doubled buttons

Please have a look what's going on there. If it's needed I can upload clean version of the template? If you need administration access let me know.

Marek
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:12 am
1. The only way is to modify the template layout in this case, you need to open file template/layouts/default.php and modify this code :

Code: Select all
<?php if(GK_REGISTER) : ?>
                <a href="<?php echo $this->URLbase(); ?>index.php?option=com_users&amp;view=registration" id="btnRegister"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_REGISTER'); ?></a>
                <?php endif; ?>

to:

<a href="<?php echo $this->URLbase(); ?>index.php?URL_to_VM_registration_form" id="btnRegister"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_REGISTER'); ?></a>

2. VirtueMart as a 3rd party extension is beyond our support. For more help please contact with extension support forum.
3. Please have a look at my screencast and provide me info where should I click to see this problem. If I click on product I'm redirect to product page like it should work » http://recordit.co/MIxBgLFyz9
4. Could you check whether the same happen on Beez template?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:20 pm
Thank you for your reply.

1. I did like you said (I have edited the file here: /templates/gk_esport/layouts/default.php) and now when I click "Regitration" link on my homepage I still have the popup and next when I fill a personal data out it redirects me to page where is written "invalid token" please have a look by yourself: eboxer.pl

Can you please fix it like I said previously I would like have only one registration via Virtuemart without the popup. When I click Registration link on home page it should be registration via Virtuemart.

It should be standard it's imposible to use website with 3 types of registrations. Please speak to you project manager or business analytics and tell him that inside template should be a place where you can choose one or more registrations. And if you choose for instance registaration via virtuemart. Then when you click Register it should be registration via Virtuemart.

Can you help me with this issue?

2. I understand that you use 3rd party extensions but in my opinion when you sell your template with plugis they should work properly. When I was buying this template I didn't know that I have to be a developer to use the template. I thought that version which you are selling is free of bugs or if they are some bugs you will fix it because I have some sort of support.

3. Then when you click product form section then it redirect you to specyfik product like is on the video but then you can't click anything. You did your research well but please do the next step and you will see the problem.

4. When I use Beez the problem doesn't emerge BEEZ:
Image,

GAVICK: Image
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:38 pm
Can you please fix it like I said previously I would like have only one registration via Virtuemart without the popup. When I click Registration link on home page it should be registration via Virtuemart.

It is not something to fix but custom template modification which in fact is beyond our suppor but please provide me FTP access details with link to this forum topic via PM.

Our template work with core VitueMart extensions and if this buttons are added by 3rd party plugin we don't support this extensions.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:13 am
I sent you the details via PM

Regards
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:30 pm
I've made necessary modifications and remove IF statement in login button to display button when the pop-up is disabled. Please now open file layouts/default.php and find this line :

<a href="<?php echo $this->URLbase(); ?>index.php?URL_to_VM_registration_form" id="btnRegister"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_REGISTER'); ?></a>

then change the URL part index.php?URL_to_VM_registration_form to link to your register page for sure it is not URL_to_VM_registration_form so please replace this part of URL with correct link.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:37 pm
Thank you for your help with the registration form.

What can I do with this issue:

3. There is a bug if you go home page / click new products section / click any product and next you can't click anything. What is wrong with that. Why I have this problem and how can I sort it out?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:14 am
Please add this code to override.css file in root/templates/gk_template_name/css directory :
div#gkPopupOverlay { display: none }

and then just remember to enable "Use override CSS" option in template advanced settings tab.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:12 am
I added div#gkPopupOverlay { display: none } on the end of the file /templates/gk_esport/css/override.css

like you adviced me but nothing has changed please have a look:

http://eboxer.pl/index.php/virtuemart/d ... les-detail
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:56 am
Please replace the code with:
div#gkPopupOverlay { display: none!important }
this will resolve this issue for 100%.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:18 am
It works, thanks :)

Second issue now is again registration because as we discused I would like to have only one registration and login.

When I click Login buton on home page I have popup and there is "Registration" link and that link redirect to index.php?option=com_users&view=registration but can you please tell me where I have to change the link to index.php/virtuemart/account-maintenance because I would like to have Virtuemart registration only.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:28 pm
This URL may be changed in layouts/default.php - you will find this path inside code.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:49 am
I had changed it before I asked you when we wanted to change registration link. Now I would like to find the path which is responsible for the link from home page login link / login popup / registration. It has to be in a different location?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:57 am
All this links are defined in the same file, if you modify register URL the login and cart button link is line above :

<?php if(((GK_REGISTER || GK_LOGIN) && !GK_COM_USERS) || $this->modules('cart'))  : ?>
             <div id="gkPageTopLinks">
                <?php if($this->modules('cart')) : ?>
                <a href="#" id="btnCart"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_MY_CART'); ?><span><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_MY_CART_LOADING'); ?></span></a>
                <?php endif; ?>

<?php if(GK_LOGIN) : ?>
                <a href="<?php echo $this->URLbase(); ?>index.php?option=com_users&amp;view=login" id="btnLogin"><?php echo $btn_login_text; ?></a>
                <?php endif; ?>

<?php if(GK_REGISTER) : ?>
                <a href="<?php echo $this->URLbase(); ?>index.php?option=com_users&amp;view=registration" id="btnRegister"><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_REGISTER'); ?></a>
                <?php endif; ?>
             </div>
             <?php endif; ?>

All the href attributes define URL to pages for this buttons.
Platinum Boarder