Problems with register and virtuemart

GK User
Thu May 01, 2014 4:29 pm
Hi
I need help for some problems of my shop. Thank you and sorry for mi low lever english.:)

http://s376726296.mialojamiento.es/www/tfg/

Problem 1
When you click on the homepage "Register" and featured a light box with fields for registration:
A) This register is to Gavick Joomla, how I can put the VirtueMart register? I would ask on this form all data necessary to make the purchase later.
B ) Where the file is to translate these texts to another language?
C) In this form, No captcha shows so you can record in the first time, you always redirected to a second page where you have to put the captcha.

Problem 2
When a user has been registered and added a product to the shopping cart show a light box asking what you want to do: a) continue shopping (Continuar comprando) or b) show car (Mostrar carro)
When you click continue Continuar comprando, you always redirects to a same page. Can I do to redirect to the page that I want? Where I can change that?

Problem 3
• If I am not identified, when I access the View Cart option, this error appears:
"Please enter your address first"
• If I just registered for the first time and try to make a purchase, as I enter the cart for the first time I get the following errors:
• Missing value for Nombre
• Missing value for Apellido
• Missing value for Dirección 1
• Missing value for Código postal
• Missing value for Ciudad
• Missing value for País
• Missing value for Estado / Provincia / Región
• Missing value for Teléfono
• Por favor, acepte los términos del servicio para confirmar

I think this problem has relation with the Problem Number 1

Problem 4
When we entered all the fields when you click on the buy button, you sent to a new page where you select the shipping method.
The problem is that sends you select the method again and again entering a loop. You can’t move forward.

Problem 5
Again, on the page of shopping cart, when you click on the "Continue Shopping You" at the top right, this does nothing. It does not send you anywhere ...

Problem 6
When a user registers, on his profile, he is given the option to vie and change:
a) Editor
b) Time Zone
c) Language Site
As I can turn this off?

Problem 7
When you have added a product to the shopping cart, and click on "view cart" a very nice lightbox with added products and the amount appears, but no one can see the foto. Only appears the boxes in blank

Problem 8
When a user registers, then click on the profile option (My Account), you get the following menu appears in a lightbox:

Your Profile
Edit Profile
Create Article
Submit a Web Link
The questions are:
a) How can I translate that language?
b) The system does not have to give the user access to "create items" or "Submit a Web Link" as I fix that?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 01, 2014 7:18 pm
Hi

1. This is just a module, so You can replace it with any module You want, but VM is using default joomla registration, so this module should be ok. I can see recaptcha is visible there.

2. This option should be available in VM configuration. If is not than You need to ask on VM forum about that.

3. This is how it works, to make a purchase You need to fill all neccessary fields. Our register module only supports a default joomla registration, so rest need to be filled in VM directly.

4. Please rename /html/com_virtuemart to /html/_com_virtuemart and try again. If problem persists than You need to ask for help at VM forum, because there may be something wrong with their script. If this will work correctly get back to me.

5. Check this problem when applying the test I mentioned in point 4

6. Unfortunately I cannot register to see this page. I see only this message:

Su cuenta ha sido creada y se ha enviado un enlace de activación a la dirección de correo electrónico que ha introducido. Antes de poder identificarse como usuario registrado, note que debe activar la cuenta haciendo clic sobre ese enlace que le hemos enviado a su dirección de correo electrónico.

What does it mean ?

7. Images are attached via SKU number. Please make sure You have SKU set for all products and that this names are unique.

8. I think only administrators has an acces to create new items, so a regular users will not see this options. You can translate any sentences in /languages folder of joomla. I think ths will be in files with a name of "login"

GK User
Fri May 02, 2014 10:43 am
Hi

Problem 1
But in the joomla registration only asks for 3 data’s , I want to ask all the data necessary for the joomla and virtuemart system. Why? Because otherwise you have to register a first time in joomla, and then when you go shopping, you have to insert all the data virtuemart . There is no way to fill all data ( Joomla and Virtuemart ) in one form the first time?

Problem 3
A) But if I have set the option that you can not buy if you are not registered , you should see a message saying " Sign up " message, not asking you to fill all your data when then you will not fail to purchase no?

Problem 4
I made the change " html/com_virtuemart to /html/_com_virtuemart ", it works but ... now it has created another big problem. Now In buying process appears all wrong and messy. In the store is the same, is removed all the format (css) and everything appears messy and poorly…

Problem 5
Still not working despite the change

Problem 6
it have to click on that link to confirm your subscription . If it does not work said me and I send you one username and password by private message .

Problem 7
I have all the different skus and i do not see the images ...

Problem 8
This is happening. I add a picture. When a normal user logs these options will appear ( Although after cannot execute )

In general, to make the change " html/com_virtuemart to /html/_com_virtuemart ", I lost all css and store design.

Thank you for helpme  :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 05, 2014 8:38 pm
Hi

1. This is how it works, but I think You may just change registration url to VM one in /layouts/blocks/tools/login.php this is how it looks now "index.php?option=com_users&view=registration"

3. Unfortunatelly I'm not VM expert so I do not know how to answer that, but as I remember a login is just on top of register form in VM.

4. That was just a test which means that problem is in our template. Please update template to the latest version and if this will make no difference send me an access to joomla panel and ftp.

5. This means problem is in VM itself and this particular problem should be reported to VM developers, but I'll look at it if You will send me an ftp access.

6. Yes, please prepare an access to me.

7. Ok. Will check it as well when I'll have ftp.

8. Again will check it when I'll have this dummy user account.

GK User
Mon May 12, 2014 10:56 am
Hi

I sent the user and pass. Said me when finish.

Thanks! :)

Regards
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 13, 2014 7:57 pm
Hi

Sorry, must have open Your message by accident and missed it when it was set as read.

4. I've fixed the problem by renaming /html/com_virtuemart/cart/select_shipment.php to /html/com_virtuemart/cart/_select_shipment.php and adding a missing style to override.css file:

Code: Select all
.buttonBar-right button {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #333333;
    border: medium none;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    cursor: pointer;
    display: block;
    float: left;
    font-size: 12px;
    height: 36px;
    line-height: 36px;
    margin: 0 5px 2px 2px;
    padding: 0 12px;
    text-align: center;
    text-transform: uppercase;
}

.buttonBar-right button:hover {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #F47B20;
    color: #FFFFFF;
}

5. No idea where to look for this code, so better would be to make a workaround. Please edit file /html/com_virtuemart/cart/default.php and starting from line 95 You will see this code:

<?php // Continue Shopping Button
         if (!empty($this->continue_link_html)) {
            echo $this->continue_link_html;
         } ?>

just replace it with

<a class="continue_link" href="URL_TO_WHERE_YOU_WANT_THIS_TO_LINK_TO">
<span>Continuar comprando</span>
</a>

6. Add this to override.css to hide this part:

form#member-profile fieldset:nth-child(2) {
    display: none;
}

7. Looks like thumbs are not created in Your site. I've used orginal image instead. Fix was to change line 37:

$query2->select('`m`.`file_url_thumb` AS `file`, `p`.`product_sku` AS `sku`');

to

$query2->select('`m`.`file_url` AS `file`, `p`.`product_sku` AS `sku`');

8. This options are part of User Menu, You just need to remove them in menu manager:

GK User
Wed May 14, 2014 10:38 am
Perfect!

Thank You!!

BTW the problem of bucle whit shipping method is:

go Virtuemart => configuration => Checkout and quit the option: One Page Checkout enabled

Thanks!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 14, 2014 4:58 pm
Hi

3 Things more

A)
The 6 point:

6. Add this to override.css to hide this part:

CODE: SELECT ALL
form#member-profile fieldset:nth-child(2) {
display: none;
}

i copy this code in override.css but dont run. In the perfil continue view of this fields...

B)

How do that a user can unsubscribe?

C)

in "Mi Cuenta"(My acount) --> "Perfil":

Information Aditional (Informacion adiccional):

You can see this:

Información adicional