Syntax Error / Javascript Error

GK User
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:43 pm
Dear friends

I'm updating a existing e-commerce site with this especificationss: joomla 2.5, virtuemart 2 and Gavick Pro eSport template.

I've updated Joomla & VirtueMart without problems. However, when I've updated the template I observe a message "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ; "

I tried with a clean QuickStart installation, but I observe the same problem.

Finally, I've debugged the code and I found the error in the file \templates\gk_esport\html\com_virtuemart\productdetails\default.php line 357. The reason:

$step value is empty and the line
Code: Select all
"remainder=obj.value % <?php echo $step?>;"
return error.

The questions: ¿What is the default value to "step" variable? ¿is it a template bug?

Regards!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:35 pm
Hi

I'm not sure eSport template support newest virtuemart. Please check if error will still be visible if You rename html\com_virtuemart\productdetails\default.php to html\com_virtuemart\productdetails\_default.php

GK User
Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:13 pm
Hi

Yes, when i renamed the file, error isn't visible.

Appointment: The error occurs on both my website and test clean web downloaded from the website of garvick (quicktstart)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:44 pm
Hi

Please send me an accecc to joomla panel an ftp. I'll try to figure out which part needs to be updated.

GK User
Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:35 am
Hi,

I'am testing in a close test environment, but you can test with "joomla 2.5 + eSport Template's quickstart download" in your website.

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:14 pm
Hi

I've reported this to programmers. Will let You know when they will answer.

teitbite
Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:59 am
Hi

I got an answer, unfortunately it's not the best one. Looks like this template is not supported anymore because of it's age, so there will be no update to the latest VM version. So I will need an access to joomla panel and ftp, so I can take care of this error myself.