Virtuemart Products Order in News Pro Module

Winter sport ecommerce template for Joomla with VirtueMart support
GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:48 pm
Hi: I am contacting you because I am using the module mod_news_pro_gk4 on eSport template, for showing Virtuemart Products, and the order option is not working.
It should order the products by the order you set on the administrator (on the product list, the default order you set... 1,2,3, etc.) but they are ordered by product_id
I had tried with different options and configuration but the problem persists. Could you tell me the steps to solve it? Thanks...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:39 am
Hi

Please send me an access to Your joomla panel.

GK User
Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:13 am
Ok all details sent you... [email protected]

:)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:28 pm
Did you got it? Were you able to check it?

:idea:
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:30 pm
Hi

Yes. I'm working on it right now :) Give me 10min.

teitbite
Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:52 pm
Hi

Ok. All looks like module is not reacting to the settings. I've even updated module to the latest version but still nothing. Please send me an access to ftp and I'll see if the order value is used in a database query.

GK User
Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:31 pm
Hi: I really appreciate your great support, I had just sent you the details via email, see you... Joe
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:46 pm
Hi

Still nothing. Even if I have found that ordering was not supported because newer version of VM has changed 'ordering' to 'pordering', when I'm changing it there is no visible effect.

I've added this option to gk.source.vm.php:

Code: Select all
      else if($config['news_sort_value'] == 'ordering') $sort_value = 'pordering';

code is adding to query but order looks more of a random eight now. Please check.

Please give me an access to database manage, maybe this will help me to figure it out.

GK User
Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:59 pm
Hi: after investigating this issue, I had seen that Virtuemar products table actually has two tables...

pordering
product_ordered

I see that the first is all in 0, and the second has numbers, like 2, 6, 9 etc.
Taking into account that I had set my custom order, it is possible that the second table is the one that give order to the products?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:36 pm
Hi

Sorry for delay. I've just become a father and was not able to work for last couple days.

Knowing the columns names is all I needed, so no need to send an access to cPanel.

"product_ordered" is a number of times product was purchased, so its not related.

"pordering" is the one we should focus on (I think that at least), but I have already hard coded it into module and this doesn't makes a difference. Almost like it was a different ordering than the one set in admin panel.

I have been looking onto this exact same problem for other client lately and I was not able to locate where VM is storing informations about this order You put in VM settings. Unfortunately there is no tip about that in VM forum or anything. I'm afraid I was not able to find a solution to that. Even our programmers had to replace the old sorting by order to sorting by id. Look like it's because of some changes in newer VM version.

My only idea is to make some more tests with "pordering" column. Try set an order directly in database. This should work with the change in code I've made already.

GK User
Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:03 am
Congrats. about being a father, that is a wonderful time in ones life, hope you enjoy it.
About the ordering, dont worry, I had found that even after ordering them on Virtuemart, when I go to the DB the order is still in 0. It seems to be a virtuemart bug on latest versions, or from 2.0.8 and next ones...

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=114214.0
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=114800.0
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100974.30

I will find more info about it, so it is not a Gavick problem. The only solution is to add the order number directly in the DB by phpmuadmin. Hope VM developers can solve this soon.
Will keep you posted, have a nice time with family...

:)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:33 pm
HI

Yes that's exactly the idea I had, to set the order manually in databse.