I have problem with the template and virtuemark

Winter sport ecommerce template for Joomla with VirtueMart support
GK User
Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:29 pm
I have problems with the main menu which unsettles the whole temple and design, I need a solution because it is causing problems :(
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:23 pm
Hi

I'll help. Please just explain what is the problem.

GK User
Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:34 pm
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:14 pm
Hi

This is because of validation error. One (or more) content or modules have a wrong HTML syntax. Please try unpublish a module after module and content (articles and products) till the site will display correctly.

I would start from the modules which are visible at top of the site.

GK User
Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:47 am
Thank you for your help. I did just what you recommended and the problem persists. I found out that it is a problem specifically with the virtue mart module. If I un install that the template works fine, but if I re install it the problem is there again.
Everything is updated now: Joomla, the template files and Virtue Mart.
Could anyone help me out?
Thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:55 am
Thank you for your offering to help.
As you can see in the link http://baklightrentals.com/1/index.php/ ... s-60d-full
the menu is all messed up. I already upgraded the virtumart version and still does not work.
It also changed the format of all the content in the virtumart section. it is only happening with virtumart.. Can you help me?
I am really desperate. It has been like this for a week.

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:56 pm
Hi

Programmers has checked this problem already. Please try use this solution:

Ok I've downloaded bikestore quickstart. Install it and then Update VM to latest 2.0.22c version and in fact in VM admin settings there is set our template for VirtueMart default one. Looks like they change the way how template is displayed and the solution is set this option to default Joomla! one. The VM is working fine and even VM changelogs all is described as not feature changes but bug fixes (not in layouts). When the settings are set to use default J! template all is working fine and our override views looks properly.

According to VM updates, the core version is 2.0.22 and we usually update VM to main version not to a,b,c,d,e,f like they want to name their component. If you look at VirtueMart update you will see interesting message http://d.pr/i/v6eA that it is not recommended to use different version 2.0.22a for multilanguage websites (this version is latest supported by our templates). So what we should do right now ? Release two different versions of every store template for multilanguage and single language websites ? It is really pointless...

What is more VM Update will NOT change the VirtueMart settings so the only solution right now is to advise users to apply this change in VM configuration - we don't have any way to change this during template upgrade process.

GK User
Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:55 pm
Thanks for your help! We changed it to joomla template and it works :)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:27 am
Hi

This fix was all bkrztuk idea, so I cannot take credits for that :)