Registration Popup

Winter sport ecommerce template for Joomla with VirtueMart support
GK User
Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:41 pm
Dear Gavick. I am having a problem with user registration. When I fill out the form (in popup and through the login popup registration link) I get a 404 error on both instances. However, the user gets created through the popup, but not through the login popup registration link.

Any ideas what can be wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:17 am
What is the URL where user is redirect after registration ? Please check register module configuration and make sure that the redirect page is set to existing one.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:31 am
bkrztuk wrote:What is the URL where user is redirect after registration ? Please check register module configuration and make sure that the redirect page is set to existing one.

Thanks for getting back to me and a hint. I actually copied files over from different version of Register module and now it works through the Register modal popup. However, what I do not like it that it shows the following message "Your account has been created and an activation link..." and shows registration form underneath it. Is there any way to get rid of that form (see the attached file)?

Another problem, though, still exists. If user clicks on modal Login popup and then on Register, system redirects to the registration form. However, after user clicks on submit, system displays 404 message and does not create user. I will send you the back end access just in case.

Thanks for looking into this.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:39 pm
However, what I do not like it that it shows the following message "Your account has been created and an activation link..." and shows registration form underneath it. Is there any way to get rid of that form (see the attached file)?

This is default Joomla! view after register process, if you want to modify it you need to look at html/com_users/register directory.

system displays 404 message and does not create user

What is message text ? Just site not exist ? Please switch template to 'Beez' and check whether you can register there without any problems.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:07 am
bkrztuk wrote:
However, what I do not like it that it shows the following message "Your account has been created and an activation link..." and shows registration form underneath it. Is there any way to get rid of that form (see the attached file)?

This is default Joomla! view after register process, if you want to modify it you need to look at html/com_users/register directory.

system displays 404 message and does not create user

What is message text ? Just site not exist ? Please switch template to 'Beez' and check whether you can register there without any problems.

So here's the message I got again for the registration via the modal popup: "Oops, you've encountered an error 42. It appears the page you were looking for doesn't exist. Sorry about that."

Here's the message I get when I try to register through a regular form: "Oops, you've encountered an error 404. It appears the page you were looking for doesn't exist. Sorry about that."

I will try different template(s) and let you know.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:55 am
Any news about this issue ? Did you test it on Beez ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:04 am
bkrztuk wrote:Any news about this issue ? Did you test it on Beez ?

I am sorry for the late response and thank you for following up with this. I did try different template and it did go through the registration process with no issues.

So it looks like it's a template issue.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:03 am
Could you provide me details to your administrator area via PM ? Please remember to include link to this forum thread in message.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:57 am
bkrztuk wrote:Could you provide me details to your administrator area via PM ? Please remember to include link to this forum thread in message.

I did send it to you. Check your inbox. Please let me know if you did not get it.

Thanks for your time.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:25 pm
Hi there. Any updates on this issue?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:40 am
Yes I get your messages and answered you. I really don't see problem with this pop up form - I've registered twice and send you screenshots (of course you can see also user accounts to activate).
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:48 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Yes I get your messages and answered you. I really don't see problem with this pop up form - I've registered twice and send you screenshots (of course you can see also user accounts to activate).

Popup is fine. What about the direct link to registration form? It sill gives 404 message after user clicks on "Submit" button.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:22 am
I'm still duplicating responses one via PM and second on forum. Please try to disable K2 register form.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:57 pm
bkrztuk wrote:I'm still duplicating responses one via PM and second on forum. Please try to disable K2 register form.

This did the job. Thank you so much for helping on this issue.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:14 am
I am now getting the following error message upon registration.

Oops, you've encountered an error 42
It appears the page you were looking for doesn't exist. Sorry about that.

This happens when I try to buy a product and then fill out Bill-To information and then click on "Register and Checkout." This doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes it goes through fine, but sometimes it gives me this error message. I cannot figure this one out.

Although, it creates a user...

Any ideas what can be causing this?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:10 am
Could you check whether the same happen on default Joomla! template like Beez ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:44 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Could you check whether the same happen on default Joomla! template like Beez ?

I did check with a different template and I did not encounter the same error.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:14 am
Ok, what is your VirtueMart version ? What is your template version ?
Platinum Boarder