Module Variation format doesn't work & cart icon not showing

Winter sport ecommerce template for Joomla with VirtueMart support
GK User
Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:41 pm
I am using Joomla 2.5 and the latest release of the eSport theme. I can't figure out why the Module variation formatting doesn't work when I set the Module Class Suffix to: DARK

Also, the small green shopping cart icon that floats on the page does not show up.

Any clue? Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:48 am
Hi

Most common mistake is than suffixes needs a space before in order to work, like for example " dark". Please check that.

About the cart icon please show me Your site.

GK User
Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:22 am
[edited by moderator].com

I managed to fix the Module variation coloring. We need to see the floating green shopping cart icon that is not showing.

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:51 pm
Hi

I think this cart icon will appear when You will publish a cart module in "cart" position.

GK User
Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:25 am
Thanks! I did that and it now shows. The only issue now is that when you click on it, it shows a blank small rectangle even if there are items in the cart.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:22 pm
Hi

I see no cart module inside this box. This is odd. Can You please send me an access to joomla panel, so I'll be able to check ?

GK User
Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:17 pm
I already sent it via PM.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:02 pm
Hi

Sorry, but I do not see a message from You in my PM. Can You please send it one more time? Try my mail this time.

teitbite
Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am
Hi

VM cart module in cart module position was disabled. I've published it and icon to display cart popup appeared.

GK User
Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:38 pm
I know that, it was enabled then I disabled it since when you click on the cart icon, all it displays is an EMPTY white box (no products are listed in the box).

teitbite wrote:Hi

VM cart module in cart module position was disabled. I've published it and icon to display cart popup appeared.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:11 am
Hi

Sorry I thought a guestion was only about cart icon. Problem can be caused because of lack of a style for newest VM version. Please try to downgrade to 2.0.10 in case to avoid and other issues.

Anyway this particular problem can be fixed by replaceing the code in /layout/blocks/tools/cart.php to:

Code: Select all
<?php

// no direct access
   defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');

?>

<?php if($this->modules('cart')) : ?>      
<div id="gkAjaxCart">
   <jdoc:include type="modules" name="debug" />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

GK User
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:58 pm
I changed the code, and it still doesn't work.

Sorry I thought a guestion was only about cart icon. Problem can be caused because of lack of a style for newest VM version. Please try to downgrade to 2.0.10 in case to avoid and other issues.

Anyway this particular problem can be fixed by replaceing the code in /layout/blocks/tools/cart.php to:

Code: Select all
<?php

// no direct access
   defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');

?>

<?php if($this->modules('cart')) : ?>      
<div id="gkAjaxCart">
   <jdoc:include type="modules" name="debug" />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 am
Hi

It was a bug after all. One file was not listed in templateDetails.xml, I've added it and cart is working now.

GK User
Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am
Thanks, now under the VM backend panel it gives me an error:

Failed loading XML file
/templateDetails.xml
XML: Opening and ending tag mismatch: filename line 53 and template

It was a bug after all. One file was not listed in templateDetails.xml, I've added it and cart is working now.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:25 pm
Hi

Sorry, I've made a small typo. Please check now.

GK User
Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:09 am
Thanks, works now!

I have tried to add the featured products on the front page with the same layout using " FSP" but it doesn't render like the demo. Is there anything I need to do?

Thanks.

Sorry, I've made a small typo. Please check now.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:52 am
Hi

Can You please show me this NSP module on Your site ? I'll compare and let You know what's missing.

GK User
Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:13 pm
I have added the "Featured Items" module on position "top" using the " nsp" in Module Class Suffix. The items are not being formatted as in the demo. What is the position that they need to be published on? The demo shows a "+" button next to the item so you can easily add it to the cart, while my site has three buttons where you can add remove quantities, and Add to Cart. The text is not the same. Also, the instructions provided in your tutorial does not explain this, and the demo files don't work (gives errors when installed). That is not good.

-Abdu

Can You please show me this NSP module on Your site ? I'll compare and let You know what's missing.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:25 pm
Hi

Errors when installed ? Please paste all messages here. I've just installed eSport to check and looks exactly as demo site, no errors at all.

For the second please show me this NSP module on Your site so I'll be able to compare and let You know what is wrong.

GK User
Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:51 am
I emailed you access information.

Errors when installed ? Please paste all messages here. I've just installed eSport to check and looks exactly as demo site, no errors at all.

For the second please show me this NSP module on Your site so I'll be able to compare and let You know what is wrong.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:37 pm
Hi

Demo file is a complete site installation with joomla and all modules within. So You cannot install it using joomla installer, because it's basically a joomla installer :) This package needs to be installed as regular joomla.

Style is not working, because this is a different module. In demo we used News Show Pro with settings as You can see below.

GK User
Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:48 pm
Hi I would like to add my two cents here.

I had the same problem with the mini cart just opening a blank window.

i installed the complete esport demo package and I noticed the following:

the file cart.php was missing from folder templates/gk_esport
from templateDetails.xml at files section was missing
<filename>cart.php</filename>

now everything works fine :-)
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:36 pm
depika wrote:Hi I would like to add my two cents here.

I had the same problem with the mini cart just opening a blank window.

i installed the complete esport demo package and I noticed the following:

the file cart.php was missing from folder templates/gk_esport
from templateDetails.xml at files section was missing
<filename>cart.php</filename>

now everything works fine :-)

Hi

Yes, this bug was already reported to programmers and should be fixed. But I think this thread is about a little different issue.

teitbite
Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:34 pm
Hi

Url to the site edited by moderator on user request.