Singla Article on Homepage

Winter sport ecommerce template for Joomla with VirtueMart support
GK User
Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:17 pm
Hi, I am trying to add a single article to the homepage. but the content doesn't show. The homepage is full of module positions, but nothing that actually allows for regular content to be added?

How can I correct this?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:01 pm
hi,

Please just disable module on the mainbody module position - then the component content will appear :)
Administrator

GK User
Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:18 pm
There doesnt look like there is a mainbody module. Check it out: http://www.creative-designs.co.za/tala/index.php?tp=1
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:16 am
Sorry, I forgot that the eSport is the last template where there is an option the template back-end where you can specify if you will show the mainbody module position or the component. Please go to the template settings and please find option like "Mainbody on homepage" and set it to "only component".
Administrator

GK User
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:33 am
Ok that helps some..
But if you look at the page now, the mainbody text is shown below the modules.
I have tried playing with the settings on the template, and for each of them they continue to display in this same place..

Any words of wisdom? :)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:05 am
In this case you have to disable the modules on the top1 module position at homepage.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:35 am
I tried that, but now the rest of the modules move around, instead of the mainbody moving up :)
lol

We're having fun here aren't we?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:40 am
You didn't disabled all modules on the top1 module position what cause your problems. The top1 module position will be always over the mainbody that's why if you want to move up the mainbody then it should be empty.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:48 am
All modules on "top1" have been disabled. The others that are on the right are Top3 and Top5.
Do I need to disable these as well and then find another spot to add them?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:28 am
I'm sorry I look at the eSport template as for the responsive template with top1 module position only ;) Yes - please disable all top1/2/3/4/5/6 modules at the homepage :)
Administrator

GK User
Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:54 am
YAY! Fabulous!
Got it to work! Thank you so much for your help!!
Expert Boarder