Notice: Email could not be sent

Business template for Joomla 3 and 2.5 ideal to create blog or personal website.
GK User
Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:04 pm
I've seen this problem posted all over without a real resolution. I have four gavickpro templates in use, all hosted at the same hosting company, all within the same account. Two of my sites that (One from The Real Design template and the other from Boutique) are unable to send an article (item) email. When the submit button is clicked in the pop window, the message: "Notice, email could not be sent" appears.

On my two other sites which are the Publisher and Restaurant templates, the email function works fine. The set up in the Global Config is set up identically for each site with the exception of the email address (which works fine).

The resolution posted in other forums suggests editing the contoller.php file in the com_mailto folder and changing the time from <20 to >20. This did not work. Additionally, as a work around, I installed the "Mail this page" module which works fine but it does not use the email button as seen on the article page.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:08 am
Sending mail is a job of Joomla and your server, the template does another job which is to render layouts, so don't blame Gavick. You may find a solution at this topic if you use Joomla 1.5 http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=376453
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:09 pm
Not blaming gavick at all but its happening on only the gavick templates. I'm using the latest Joomla 2.5 version. The link you posted is what I already described in my email and it did not work.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:43 am
If you want me to check and debug further, give me FTP access of your site via a PM.
Platinum Boarder