template width and background

Business template for Joomla 3 and 2.5 ideal to create blog or personal website.
GK User
Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:37 am
Hello,

I have a question about template width and background in therealdesign. Is it possible to change width and get this efect?

http://drytooling.com.pl/index.php

On this page you see main page and background. I wish to have a similiar efect in therealdesign, that is,
I wish to see background behind the main page (main page must be smaller than background), and this background must be easy to change.

How can I do that?

Thanks for help.

regards
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:38 pm
Hi

Yes it's possible but needs core files adjustments.

Try this:
Open ../layouts/default.php

before this line:
Code: Select all
<div id="gkPageTop" class="clearfix gkWrap">

add this one:
<div id="gkMainblock_bg">
   <div id="gkMainblock">

Them before this:
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="debug" />

add this line:
</div>
</div>

Them enable override.css file on template parameters and add this lines on this file:

#gkMainblock_bg {background: [your background]; width: 100%; }
#gkMainblock_ {width: 980px; margin: 0 auto; background: #fff;}

Notices:
- You need to have this change on future template updates.
- This change doesn't solve all and you might need to add small adjustments.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:53 pm
Thank you for help. I will check it soon, but i am really afraid of some problems with defining proper width :)

You said "This change doesn't solve all and you might need to add small adjustments", so this is my afraid.

I have another problem with galleries in K2. In new article there is an option to put some photos in gallery. Unfortunatly, Simple Image Galery Pro is a comercial module. This option in creating a new post demands from me installed Pro. How can I change it from comercial to non comerial. I am thinking about Simple Image gallery which is non comerial, but I really don't know how can I do it.

I am really thankful for help :)

regards
Expert Boarder