Hide date in articles and gategories

Business template for Joomla 3 and 2.5 ideal to create blog or personal website.
GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:56 pm
Hello!
I want to hide date in K2 items and gategories.I've disabled the date fron item view options in category listings and in item viewoptions. Date has gone only from the item viewoptions, item view options in category listings it keeps to display date. Another thing i want to ask you is how can i align the title text from category and item view to the left without comment out any line in the code.

Normally it would be when you hide the date in K2 item and category view, the title text to be arranged on the left.

How can i do this?
Here is the image
Untitled-1.jpg
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:08 pm
Hi

Do it properly it would change on k2 article view file, but you can try also doing it using only css.
First you need to enable override.css file on template parameters and then try adding this lines on this file located on template css directory:

Code: Select all
.itemHeader {position: relative; left: -120px}
.gkDate {margin-top: 100px!important}

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 pm
Thank you for the fast reply. In item view it worked, but in category item listings it doesn't.

Also in item view the text title is arranged correctly to the left, but a huge space remains. How or with what i can fill the empty space?
see the picture
g1.jpg

An the category view
g2.jpg

I think you must rethink the display of the date in item view and category view. I see many people on the Gavick forum complain about this
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:51 am
Please help!
The dates in category view is still present
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:00 am
Anyone ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:19 am
Sorry. I miss understood your request.

Please try instead this lines on override.css file and delete the previous one:

Code: Select all
.gkDate {display: none}
.gkItemBlock {margin-left: 0!important}
.catItemImageBlock {float:left!important}
.catItemImage {margin: 10px 10px 0 0!important;}
.catItemImage img {padding: 0!important}
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:59 pm
Wow man! This look so much better. Thank you so much!
Please Seichinha could you inform the Gavick progammers team to work on this little problem?
It would be nice to have the title text and image in K2 item and category view properly aligned when the user hide the date from K2 item or category view options. Gavick, from my opinion, is the best joomla template providers and fixing this little date problem would make, us, users so happy!
Platinum Boarder