Easier way to format K2 content page than custom templates?

Responsive Joomla template for Entertainment and Music purpose with clean and lightweight design.
GK User
Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:22 am
I want to change the format of this K2 Content page, generated from the module on this page.

1. On that K2 Content page, I want to eliminate the still image -- the image that's part of the K2 item -- and the "back to top" link at the bottom. (I just want to keep the video, which is generated with the fulltext "{youtube}4fk2prKnYnI{/youtube}" using the AllVideos plugin.) I also want to somehow make the content full page width.

I don't see parameter settings for the module that let me hide the image or "back to top" on the content page, or a class to apply custom CSS to for the K2 Content block. I think I need an alternate module template, like "gk_music_free/html/mod_k2_content/alternate/default.php", which would link to an alternate content temple, like "gk_music_free/html/com_k2/templates/alternate/item.php". I'll probably need a custom module template anyway -- to format the module -- but it would be great if the module could just pass parameters or something to the default K2 Content template. If I need an alternate K2 Content template it could omit the still image and the "back to top" link and could add some class to the content block that I can apply "width: 100%" to. I can handle that, but is there an easier way to do this?

2. Is there some eqivalent of a menu ID for the content page that I can assign a module to? Among other things, I'm generally assigning an invisible HD Custom CSS module to apply the full-width content CSS to a menu item. That generally works better for me than the general temple override CSS.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:27 am
Hi

1. Look closer to item configuration, there is an option to hide main image. The problem in Your case is "Back to top" link. There is no easy way to remove that on this page only. You can make it by creating a second k2 template with just this one modification, but I would choose to dicable this link entirely than :) Just add this code to css:

Code: Select all
.itemBackToTop {
    display: none;
}

2. There is a module called Advanced Module Manager which can attache modules to a single article.