Quickstart installation with wrong url

Responsive Joomla template for Entertainment and Music purpose with clean and lightweight design.
GK User
Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:49 am
Hi there,

I followed all the instructions on how to install the quickstart package. I extracted the music template to my root directory through cPanel. The next step I wasn't to sure of -

"Open your browser at the address/directory where you will perform the installation"

I went to mysite.com and under cgi-bin there was a hyperlink for gk_music_quickstart_J25/

I clicked on it and and proceeded with the languages etc. I followed all the steps and the installation was successful however my url is mysite.com/gk_music_quickstart_J25/. How do I make it just mysite.com

Appreciate any help.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:14 am
You need to delete all files, clean database and upload files again but now please upload all files inside gk_music_quickstart_J25 directory to the root of your server so you avoid /gk_music_quickstart_J25 in URL
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:15 am
bkrztuk wrote:You need to delete all files, clean database and upload files again but now please upload all files inside gk_music_quickstart_J25 directory to the root of your server so you avoid /gk_music_quickstart_J25 in URL

Thanks for replying. I deleted all files inside public_html and created a new database. Uploaded gk_music_quickstart_J25 back into my public_html folder via cPanel

However I get the same hyperlink once I go to mysite.com (index page) and after clicking on the link it installs with the gk_music_quickstart_J25 in the url

Deleted everything again and I then used Filezilla to upload the quickstart files to my root directory(public_html folder) and once complete get the same results.

I tried to just install joomla application on its own from their download page. I uploaded the files to my public_html folder and it installed fine without having to click on a hyperlink on my index page.

I just don't know why I can't get the quickstart installation to happen at my root directory like it worked just using the Joomla application on its own.

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:56 am
Never mind I worked it out:)
Fresh Boarder