no frontend editing

GK User
Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:05 am
hi
migrated site 1.7 to 2.5.8. Extensions and template upgraded.
login works - but no frontend editing, also for admin.

wheres the needle in the haystack?

www.project-starfish.ch

thx4help
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm
Please check this on 'Beez' template because I suspect this is related with Joomla! configuration and not with GavickPro template.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:24 am
bkrztuk wrote:Please check this on 'Beez' template because I suspect this is related with Joomla! configuration and not with GavickPro template.

well i tried and i can edit with other templates. any suggestions or incompatibilies wich causes that?

thx
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:51 am
If you have this possibility please try to re-install template, I suspect this is something related with this upgrade process. If this doesn't help please let me know via PM (remember to include link to this forum topic).
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 am
Well i found the solution : http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=588667

I replaced the folder "article" in my custom template
/templates/templatename/html/com_content/article

I copy/pasted the original "article" files from one of Joomla's templates that come with install ( I used beez, but could likely use the article files from ja_purity or rhuk_milkyway)
There are three files in that folder (the path given above) and they include:
default.php
form.php
index.html

I simply replaced this folder in my template by copying the one in beez and putting it into my own. This enabled my front end editor. I had to clear cache and reload page and my issue solved. I hope this helps others too :-)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:57 am
Surely thanks for posting solution.
Platinum Boarder