adjustment of the template

GK User
Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:15 pm
I would go in the navigation bar across the template.
How can we do?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:55 pm
Hello,

Can you be more specific?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:00 pm
I would like to be on the top, under the navigator barre
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:04 pm
There's a top navigation already, a bar that goes from left to right all over the template that you may use to that effect, by disabling the left menu if you wish. However, if you intent to use the left navigation on top, as it is, you'll need to recode and adjust the template.

I strongly recommend you to use top menu as it's by adding the left menu items to it, as it displays nicely and saves you a lot of time.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:11 pm
So it's impossible to disable the bar of menu navigation on the top ?
Ok.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:13 pm
You can disable the top bar menu, sure. But you'll have to move the Logo elsewhere, like to column, otherwise the logo will display always the bar.

Take the logo code from topbar and add it on the column and you'll be just fine.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:22 pm
So, how disable the top bar ?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:56 pm
I can do this fix for you if you wish, but in some hours from now, just add me on Skype ok? I don't charge don't worry, I like to help people, that's all as I left coding etc for some time now, still, a challenge is fun ;)

Meanwhile, do whatever you have to do and I fix the bar for you later, if that's ok.

Also, I recommend you to use jFinalizer joomla plugin as it seems to me that you'll be using big images, this plugin is the right thing to speed up the site and compress it. If you don't know how to use it, just install and I setup for you later B)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:08 pm
HI, sorry i don't installe skype on my computer and i install jfinlaizer but i don't know process to disable top bar with this plugin.
You sur to don't have another solution for disbale this bar ?
My client don't want this bar and i don't find in joomla to stop this bar.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:31 pm
You can disable menu module from the bar, then remove the logo from the code manually. That's all I can say.

I'll not do it myself because I don't work for anyone neither do I support Gavick releases, just give tips and help and that's pretty much. I suggest you to reach them directly and ask for a solution.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:04 pm
Thank you very much !
Gold Boarder