Add more social icons in social bar

GK User
Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:36 am
Hello again,

I would like to ask how can i add more social icons at the social bar next to the search module.

Twitter, Facebook and Vimeo icons are enabled by default and i've noticed that these are enabled or disabled from backend. I've tried to add the social icons i want, modifying the social_icons image and adding the proper source code at templatedetails.xml file. Then i modified the template.css file to have the correct images for each link, but the extra links i have added didn't appeared. Should i modify more than these files? I couldn't find something else.

I am looking forward for your answer.

Thank you in advance
Vaios
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:50 am
Hi,
you need to edit layouts/default.php . Find:
Code: Select all
<div id="gkSocialIcons">
         <?php if($this->getParam('socialIcons1', '')) : ?>   
         <a href="<?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons1url', '', true); ?>" id="gkIconsFacebook" target="_blank"><?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons1text', ''); ?></a>
         <?php endif; ?>
         <?php if($this->getParam('socialIcons2', '')) : ?>   
         <a href="<?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons2url', '', true); ?>" id="gkIconsVimeo" target="_blank"><?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons2text', ''); ?></a>
         <?php endif; ?>
         <?php if($this->getParam('socialIcons3', '')) : ?>   
         <a href="<?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons3url', '', true); ?>" id="gkIconsTwitter" target="_blank"><?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons3text' , ''); ?></a>
         <?php endif; ?>
      </div>

and your extra icons there.

GK User
Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:21 am
Thank you for the quick response. It worked. I am delightful with your support. Keep up the great work!
Fresh Boarder