How do I remove lines on the side of the logo ?

GK User
Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:28 pm
First I am looking to remove the lines on both side of the logo. Do I just delete the what is in bold?

Code: Select all
#gk-top { display: table; }
#gk-top.topmargin { display: block; margin-top: -30px; }
[b]#gk-top>span { display:table-cell; background: url('../images/style1/top_lines.png') no-repeat right -100px; height:205px; width:300px; text-indent:-999em; [/b]}
#gk-top>span:first-child { background-position: left 25px; }
#gk-top h1 { display:block; height:96px; display:table-cell; white-space:pre; }

.logo { height: 205px; width: 300px; margin: 35px 0 0; font-size: 180%;line-height: 100%; }
h1.logo.text { width: auto; margin: 0; }
h1.logo.text a,
h1.logo.text .site-slogan { display: block; background:none!important; color: #fff; font: normal 48px/76px Georgia, serif; font-style: italic; text-indent: 0; color: #433a31; text-align: center; }
h1.logo.text a { padding: 0 16px; width: auto!important; }
h1.logo.text .site-slogan { font-size: 12px; line-height: 10px; margin: -74px 0 18px 0; }
h1.logo { margin-top: 0; }
h1.logo a { background: url('../images/style1/logo.png') no-repeat 0 0; display: block; height: 96px; margin: 0; text-indent: -999em; width:192px; }
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:36 pm
Delete
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:24 am
I found the below fix to remove the line:

#gkPageTop > span {
background:none !important;
}

that gets added to your override.css but it hasn't worked. I have override turned on. It has been on for 4 hours. Is the code wrong?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:51 pm
Hi

Please show me Your site. This code should be working.

teitbite
Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:02 pm
Hi

Override.css file has not been loaded. Please check if using of this file is enabled in Your tempate's settings.

GK User
Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:03 am
The ON button is red.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:30 pm
Hi

Please give me the access to joomla panel. I need to check if the code was copied propperly.

teitbite
Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:35 pm
Hi

Ok. That was my foult. I've gave You the code for 1.6 joomla. Now everythig is ok.

GK User
Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:37 pm
Actually the correct is:

#gk-top>span {background:none !important;}
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Hi, I want to keep the lines but would lift the logo, where to make changes?
My website address: www.cmd-photography.com
Regards
dcmarco
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:37 pm
dcmarco wrote:Hi, I want to keep the lines but would lift the logo, where to make changes?
My website address: www.cmd-photography.com
Regards
dcmarco

Please enable override.css file on template parameters and add this line (i.e.):

h1.logo a {margin-top: -70px!important;}
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:46 am
Hello Seichinha! Thanks for the quick reply, it works well but I have something weird now with two lines under each other, you can take a look at it and say what else will change?

Regards
dcmarco
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:19 am
dcmarco wrote:Hello Seichinha! Thanks for the quick reply, it works well but I have something weird now with two lines under each other, you can take a look at it and say what else will change?

Regards
dcmarco

Hello Seichinha! You can ignore previous post, I have solved it by adding lines in the logo image.

Regards
dcmarco
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:40 am
ok ;)

If someone still wants to use the lines on background as @dcmarco, since he uses a big logo most probably it would need to change top_lines.png image with PhotoShop, by increasing distance between lines and adjusting background-position to each span.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder