Quickstart installation Process

GK User
Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:42 am
from where we got Quickstart installation process and way run it.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:43 pm
Hi,

Please check out our wiki to learn details on how to install a quickstart package:

Joomla 1.5: http://wiki.gavick.com/joomla-templates ... oomla-1-5/

Joomla 1.7: http://wiki.gavick.com/joomla-templates ... oomla-1-6/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Sorry for the noob questions but I am just getting started with Joomla.

I have just signed up for a subscription and downloaded the Sporter theme and quickstart tgzs. I already have a server configured with Joomla 1.5 base install. I uploaded and installed the theme tgz and now want to perform the quickstart install to get the demo pages configured. The quickstart install instructions seem to imply that they contain a complete Joomla install in addition to the setup of the pages and the instructions walk you through an entire install. But what if you already have a running install and just want to quickly get the template up and running? Is there an install procedure for that?

Mark
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:45 am
Hi Mark,

If you already have a Joomla installation in your server and want to have a site looking like our demo site, you need to install template package and other extensions and configure them exactly like in demo site, then you also have to create articles... It would take you quite much time as you are just a beginner with Joomla, so you are recommended to install QuickStart package then you will have all!

Also, why don't you begin with Joomla 1.7 as the version 1.5 is really old now?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:25 pm
Thanks for the reply Don.

I did wind up going through the quick start install process and have it up and running.

I went with Joomla 1.5 as that is what my hosting company had to install. I installed a naked Joomla first, explored it for a bit and read up on how it is put together and how to use it. I then went and searched for a template that would suit my needs and that's when I stumbled across the Gavick templates, and Sporter in particular. I'm struggling a bit out of the chute as the K2 extensions the templates are based on feel quite different than all the stuff I read about basic Joomla site construction so I still don't have a good feel on how to reorganize and rebuild the site with my content yet. Any general tips on how to navigate through the site organization would be helpful.

Thanks,
Mark
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:52 am
Hi

The easiest way to start building website is to use a quickstart installation. Which means that You cannot use an installer from Your hosting, but need to make it manualy. You will find an instruction in our documentation section.

When You have a quickstart, website looks exackly like our demo site, which means that all You need to do is to change the content and site is ready to go :)