Change Gamebox Magazine color

Gamebox - especially created support forum for Joomla 1.6
GK User
Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:13 am
Hi. I am running a site with gamebox magazine. I saw another topic where the person asking wanted to change the color for the header. I would like to know how i could change all the black in gamebox magazine to something else. I would like to know what i have to type in overide.css for this to work.

It would be even better if there is a way for me to only do this color change to the jomsocial part of my site.

If you want to look at my site and see how it looks: http://swedenpublic.se
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:47 pm
My advise is to open template color file like style1.css and use some 'find and replace' option where you can change color from #000 (black) to #fff (white)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:00 pm
Thank you. I am a noob when things are getting as large as joomla:P
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:40 pm
bkrztuk wrote:My advise is to open template color file like style1.css and use some 'find and replace' option where you can change color from #000 (black) to #fff (white)

With respect, I think this method, while easiest, would mean that whenever a template update comes out, he/she would have to do the same find/replace operation again.

And since Topix said he/she wants to just change it in the JomSocial area, it sounds like a good method would be to start with defining the items needing to be changed in JomSocial's css files, and then copying those styles into the template's override.css file and changing them with the find/replace operation in override.css. (Note that the override.css feature must be enabled in the template's Advanced Settings tab.)

That way, just keep an up-to-date copy of the override.css file on your local workstation and upload it to the server after each template update (re-enable the override feature).

Hope that makes sense.

Railer
Gold Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:20 am
Yes I didn't notice that it only for JomSocial purpose. In this case best way is just to modify JomSocial style, override.css may be fine until JomSocial styles will change.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:09 pm
Yes, modifying JomSocial styles would work, too. I think the override.css is still a better method in theory, at least until JomSocial releases another major change. I haven't actually tried to see if modifying the template's override.css file will affect JomSocial styling. But your agreement appears to say you think it would. Is that true?

Thanks!

(I have a site which is using JomSocial. When I have a chance, I'll test it out and will post it here someday.)
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:17 pm
JomSocial announced completely new version but it looks like major changes will be visible at backend.
Platinum Boarder