Game Magazine - Oct'2011 Joomla! 1.7 Template

Gamebox - especially created support forum for Joomla 1.6
GK User
Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:15 pm
Hi

Please note that the Oct'2011 Joomla! 1.7 Template - GAME MAGAZINE - is now online.

You can see it on action on this page.
http://demo.gavick.com/joomla16/oct2011/

This month we return to a theme that already have been asked some time ago by many of our members. It is a theme dedicated to the video games presentation, but with the versatility to become a space for other themes such as music, movies, etc..

The template will have 3 color styles and will soon have support for other 3th party component(s) to be announced also soon.

Files will be available tomorrow.

We hope you enjoy this project ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:36 pm
Really cool design...
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:42 pm
wow,
1 more time Gavick TEAM has show us that they are pro :)
I like slide on hompage.

Super template guys, keep up good work...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:21 pm
Seichinha wrote:
The template will have 3 color styles and will soon have support for other 3th party component(s) to be announced also soon.

Hope you mean Jomsocial and Kuena :)

Cheers
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 pm
dvelix wrote:wow,
1 more time Gavick TEAM has show us that they are pro :)
I like slide on hompage.

Super template guys, keep up good work...

a matter of taste!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:08 pm
What colors will be available? Color options are usually at the bottom of your templates but I don't see any options yet. Are they in the demo (and I'm just overlooking it) or haven't been added yet?

Great template!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 pm
Hi Gavick Team,
Please have a look at the layout for IE7. The size for center column is not correct.

From my perspective you should take care more attention to the IE7 layout. I understand that IE7 is a preistoric browser but the template should work correctly also with this version.

Thanks for your attention

Cheers
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:13 am
WOW, Really Nice!

i hope it'll support JomSocial and Kunena too :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:41 pm
Hi guys

Thank you for your nice words ;)
Team appreciate very much :P

You can now see the 3 colors (Blue - Red - Gold) styles on our demo:

Files are being prepared at this moment and they will be available very soon.

About the 3th party addons, we expect to give you more details next weekend.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:06 pm
brilliant template... just the 3rd party extensions like jomsocial and kunena are missing.. otherwise would be the best template from you and i would use it ;)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:00 pm
Very, very nice template.

I see an astounding potential for customization (I think I can morph this template into almost anything).
Or course, this is more a Gavern Framework feature than a template feature, but anyway, excellent.

Keep up the good work.
Thank you.
Fresh Boarder

Robert Gavick
Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:36 pm
"Game Magazine" - template files are ready for download.

-Robert G.
Administrator

GK User
Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:00 am
I enjoy what has been done. great job. I am scratching my head a bit. I assume the function of the new Game Mag is better??? Looking at the module positions one that will be missed is the banner at very top as that is a very good way to sell banner ad's . I look forward to seeing the advancements :silly:
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:35 am
Hi,

very nice work, many thanx!

But there is a problem with the links in the imageshow style: there is only a link to an article on the the whole picture, and not on the description, where it should be, too.

game machine.png
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:06 pm
Nice looking template. I have installed on test site using the quick start package and can see a few issues.

1 - If cache enabled (GK, Standard or both) the template breaks on the K2 Category Page and com_content Blog liink. (Tested in Chrome, IE9, Firefox)

2 - The same occurs if Css_cache / Compression is also enabled. Although on some server setups this might be expected a straight out of the box install shouldn't really experience this. I have installed other Gavick templates on my server without this issue hence raising this..

3 - First page load is very slow in comparison to previous Gavick templates.(repeat load is ok at about 4.5s) I originally thought that this was due to the multitude of mods / images being served in the GK_tabs module on the main page however after disabling this module page load only improved by 1s and there is still a lag when loading pages..

I'm really not trying to be picky, just used to smoother loading templates from Gavick.

To note, this is tested on a dedicated server Quad Core i7 8Gb ram with only two test sites on it...

Dave
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:41 pm
I know I'm very early but can you teas the theme of the next template
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:34 am
Seichinha wrote:Hi guys

Thank you for your nice words ;)
Team appreciate very much :P

You can now see the 3 colors (Blue - Red - Gold) styles on our demo:

Files are being prepared at this moment and they will be available very soon.

About the 3th party addons, we expect to give you more details next weekend.

Cheers ;)

Still no sign of this?? Please, on the web you can not miss the forum! Phpbb3 or Kunena are perfect for this template! :P

-
Pombo
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:35 pm
Polivka wrote:Hi,

very nice work, many thanx!

But there is a problem with the links in the imageshow style: there is only a link to an article on the the whole picture, and not on the description, where it should be, too.

game machine.png

I have the same issue. Did you have any luck in finding a solution?

Jacco
Fresh Boarder