Problem setting up Quay

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:24 am
I installed joomla using elvessocial quickstart. The installed Quay template. I have also installed the joomsocial components, plugins, and modules but i simply can't configure the template to work like the demo. It all turns blank now. Can i get some help?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:32 pm
Hi

Please use quickstart to have the exact demo look. Here's a video tutorial with installation. http://video.gavick.com/video/template/quay_nov2009/

GK User
Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:41 pm
This template does not have joomla installation in quickstart. That's my actual challenge. So i had to install joomla and try to fix it.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:53 am
Hi

The video is explaining step by step how to install the template :) I've done it dozens of times. It works :)

GK User
Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:37 pm
It appears there is no one ther who can help on this issue. I followed the video tutorial carefull and this is what i get: View http://portharcourtpals.com
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:01 pm
Hi

Please send me an FTP access and database access. I'll try to install it myself. Maby it's something wint a server.

GK User
Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:03 am
I have just sent the ftp details to your email: [email protected]
Thanks for the support
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:47 pm
Hi

I'm afraid I didn't get the mail. Can You please send it again ?

GK User
Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:59 am
I recent it yesterday in the evening to [email protected] and i sent it from [email protected]
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:42 pm
Hi

Still nothing. When I'm searching my mails the only I get is the one with You previous post. Please try maby [email protected]

GK User
Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:05 pm
I just sent details again. If it happens that you still do not receive the one i just sent, will it be ok if i mail you from my yahoo account although my yahoo account is not the one on file?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 01, 2011 2:41 pm
Hi

No I didn't get it. Please tell me what email address You are sending it from. I'll send You a message and You will replied me a details.

GK User
Sun May 01, 2011 4:19 pm
i sent it from [email protected]
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 03, 2011 12:48 pm
I saw your mail and sent a reply immediately. Thank you
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 04, 2011 2:02 pm
Please did you get my reply and the particulars i sent to you?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 05, 2011 4:00 pm
Hi

I've tried couple of times, but I got lots of problems with the server :)

For attempt of overwritting files in /image directory I was shown "Brute Force Protection" message.

Also during installing extentions there were a couple of breaking upload files.

I will try again tomorrow when the account ban will be gone.

GK User
Fri May 06, 2011 6:27 pm
I will like to know where i can come in especially in respect of overwriting files and images.

Please i will particularly like you to complete the following:
upload of sql dump file
setup jomsocial
installation of the jomsocial plugins and modules

Please let me know how it is going.

thank you
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 07, 2011 6:00 pm
Hi

I was able to instal all and was working just fine till I've plugged Zend framework and saw the same error as You had in Your installation.

I'm sending this to our programmer for checkout.

GK User
Sat May 07, 2011 8:22 pm
Please let me know the outcome as soon as possible
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 10, 2011 2:31 pm
Hello,
Suppose i install with "Party Freak or Musicity" is it possible to install "Quay" and moderate the template untill "Quay" demo design is achieved?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 10, 2011 9:20 pm
Hi

I'm sitll waiting for replay :(