Trying to install Corporate2 - 1.6 but have custom 404 pages

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:42 am
Greetings.
My site is currently live using Corporate2 1.5

I am trying to install Corporate2 1.6 in a separate folder so I can move content and test it while my current site is live.

However, I setup a custom 404 page and when I try and open the new Joomla folder where Joomla 1.6 is located, I get a 404 error. For instance http://www.site.com/NewJoomla

Do you know how I can install the new template with this configuration?

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:01 am
All right. I think I figured it out.

Assuming I can have multiple versions of Joomla running without a problem . . ..

If I go through my web hosts admin site, I can access the folder directly and "preview" the index.php file from within the new Joomla16 install folder. This starts the installation process in the browser.

Is there anything else that I should keep in mind when I install or build my new Joomla 1.6 version of my live site?

Thanks.
Senior Boarder