Insert Header Script arrrghh!!!

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:52 pm
I am getting this at the top of my 3.6 joomla news template website frontend after following gavick suggestion to use EXTJS/CSS Custom plugin -

try{$Gavick;}catch(e){$Gavick = {};} $Gavick["gk_ajax_search"] = { "container_id": "gkSearch", "delay": "500", "length": "3", "lang_close": "Close", "lang_all_results": "View all results", "lang_no_results": "No results for specified phrase…" }

Any suggestions how to get rid of it with out reversing insert in header via plugin and disabling plugin? Thanks Guys
:roll:
Tom
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:03 pm
PLEASE!!!! Is there someone who shed some light on step by step how to add header script for advertising into the header of gavick template for all pages on a joomla 3.6 I have been trying for many weeks to discover this highly frustrating secret answer. Search for 'insert Header script ' recommends plugins that dont work. There must be a safe step by step manual way?
:sick:
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:25 am
Hi

I'm afraid I do not understand Your question. Where can this error be visible? Can You share an URL to where problem can be seen ?

If You mean to only add some scripts than it can be done in /layouts/blocks/head.php which is a section between <head></head>

GK User
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:57 am
Thanks Teitbite I sorted the problem. The question was where can I directly insert header script necessary for advertising.I am using a plugin I sourced now to do it. But thank you for the answer I am glad to know it.
BTW the article on this website about plugins for inserting header script has links that are either not found or incompatible. The plugin I found independently and I am using is called mod_openx_spc but they warn it is out of date and incompatible with Joomla but in my desperation I downloaded it and used it and it is working fine......so far !
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:42 pm
Hi

That's great. Thank You for clearing it out. Will let guys know to update documentation.