GK 5- Not Showing Thumbnail Images

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:32 pm
Hi Gavick Pro,

My website is iengwen.com and trpeter.com via Joomla 3.6.5

I've recently noticed that my "uploaded joomla website & database" doesn't show the GK5 contents of the following:

a. Images
b. K2 Files

c. I've noticed when I'm in the Joomla Administrator > Extensions Update > Warnings : It says

The PHP temporary folder is not set.
The PHP temporary folder is the folder that PHP uses to store an uploaded file before Joomla can access this file. Whilst the folder not being set isn't always a problem, if you are having issues with manifest files not being detected or uploaded files not being detected, setting this in your php.ini file might fix the issue.
Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).
Further information on warnings

d. Also, when I'm in News Pro Show GK5 > Configuration Check states: The cache directory is not writable

Can you anyone tell me how to resolve this issue? I'm a Joomla beginner.

Thanks,

ibike4u
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:57 am
Hi

Warning about PHP is something Your hosting provider should take care of. Just ask him to fix this issues for You.

Unwritable cache means that modt probably folder in modules/mod_news_show_pro_gk5/cache is using permissions lower than 755 or server is configured that scripts are not allowed to crate files at all. It's something Your hosting provider may answer only since I do not know server's configuration. From NSP side You may disable creating thumbnails so cache folder will not be used at all.