Events K2 Issue Order By settings not changing sort order

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 6.00 on the average.6.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:33 am
We have a single category in K2 which has multiple items defined within. Each item is an Event we have listed on the Events category page. We are unable to have the order by set to the item order we have designed by dragging and dropping them. It appears the order is fixed and it isn't easily changed. I noticed at: https://www.gavick.com/forums/events-jo ... ring-46705 you hard-coded the category to reverse alphabetical. What would the code look like to change this such that the items within a k2 category abide by their assigned order within the admin page after dragging and dropping them? Changing the parameters to any other sort method has no effect in the issue parameters, k2 options, or menu options.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:16 pm
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

GK User
Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:06 pm
I sent a PM let me know. Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:17 am
Hi

Could not sort that either and I do not see any override for order function. I've shown this to programmers, but it looks like it's using default K2 ordering function.

Will let You know as soon as I'll hear from programmers.

teitbite
Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:03 am
Hi

We were not able to force it to work, bug is definitely on K2 level. Even after using a clean installation only with joomla and K2. Ordering does not work. You need to show that to K2 support.

GK User
Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:53 am
That is strange, K2 states they have it fixed: FRONTEND
Sub- and Child-Category ordering issue (#278) related to a bug in backend UI ordering controls https://getk2.org/blog/2571-k2-v271-released

However, the template still doesn't allow any type of sorting.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:48 pm
Hi

You can make a simple test and see that it does not work even when You will switch to Protostar, which is the default joomla template, and You will see that it's still not working. Or maybe You just need to update K2 to make this fix work.