Trouble adding Font Squirrel font

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:30 am
Hello,

Thought I'd already submitted this earlier today so sorry if there's a double-up.

I'm having trouble getting a Font Squirrel font to appear on my website. I've followed the Gavick documentation and there are no errors on the front end but the default font stills appears.

I'm just trying to use the new font on the text logo.

http://www.kate.zebracreative.co.nz

Thanks, Anna.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:22 pm
Hi

I can see Your logo is already using Italiano Regular font. Does this means this problem is solved already ?

If it's not solved please send me an access to joomla panel.

GK User
Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:13 pm
Hi teitbite,
It does say it's using Italianno but that's not what the font is supposed to look like.
Here it is:
https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/italianno
Am I missing a setting somewhere?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:48 am
Hi

Can't tell without seeing settings. Please send me an access to Your joomla panel. I'll see what's wrong. Where are font files uploaded ?

GK User
Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:55 am
Thank you, sending a private message now.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:36 pm
Hi

I've visited Your admin panel and I cannot see this new fonts in /fonts folder. If You say it was added there than it may mean that You have some kind of caching enabled which makes editing not possible. Please talk to Your hosting provider to disable it.

GK User
Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:51 pm
Thanks teitbite. I'd put the font in the CSS folder instead of the font folder. I'll move it and see if it fixes the problem.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:17 pm
Hi again,
I have moved the webfont kit into the fonts folder but it's still not displaying correctly.
The following is in Advanced Settings:
@font-face {
font-family: 'italianno-regular';
src: url('italianno-regular-otf-webfont.woff2') format('woff2'),
url('italianno-regular-otf-webfont.woff') format('woff');
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}
#gkLogo.text { font-family: 'italianno-regular';
}
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:48 pm
Hi

It was not configured in template Font section. I've added it, but I still do not know if it's correct since I do not know how this font looks like. Please remove Your override in override.css for font and check if it's wrong that send me FTP access. I suspect the font files may not be correctly generated or url's to font files are wrong.

GK User
Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:07 am
Have realised that the font I was wanting to use is actually a Google Font so have gone down this road and it works perfectly.
Thanks for the help anyway :)
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:45 am
Hi

Ok. Glad You've made it working. Closing this thread than.