contact form doesnt work

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu May 19, 2016 10:42 am
hi there,
In my joomla site lacorallina.co.uk (steak house template), contact form doesnt work... I have tried a lot of things but nothing yet...(I host my website on aws ec2 - microsoft windows 2012 server)
I use smtp server settings... I have checked that the email that I use is verified and works fine... I can send and receive emails from there..
but contact form doesnt work and sometimes gives this error:
Warning: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed in C:\xampp\htdocs\lacorallina.co.uk\libraries\vendor\phpmailer\phpmailer\class.smtp.php on line 344
and sometimes just doesnt load the page when a hit the button send from contact form.....
I am so tired of this... so I would appreciated if you could help me...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 19, 2016 2:48 pm
now when I hit test mail button I get this error..
Test mail could not be sent.

SMTP Error: data not accepted.SMTP server error: DATA END command failed Detail: Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-WEST-2: [email protected], "lacorallina.co.uk" SMTP code: 554
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 23, 2016 10:46 am
Hi

This looks to be server related. Mail function in joomla only refer to server settings. Try to disable SMTP and use ordinary mail() function if server allows that. Unfortunately I do not know much about those settings, You will need to work with Your hosting support on this issue.

GK User
Mon May 23, 2016 12:10 pm
its ok my friend...
problem solved...

I set a rule on security group to open the port 587...

thanks for your time...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 25, 2016 10:00 am
Hi

Ok. Great to hear it, sorry I couldn't get here faster. Thread closed.