Need help with template installation

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:18 pm
Hello All;
I bought the theme "Simplicity" and installed the file gk_simplicity_J!3.zip on my Joomla. The installation was successful but when I click on "My Joomla" to view the template (it was already set to default), it shows white screen with "Home" and some color dots. There is no picture or function like shown on the Gavick website. Would you please help advice me how to fix it? Is there any other modules that need to be installed for the template to work?
I tried to install the "quickstart" or the "rest" zip folder but installations failed. I don't know what went wrong. Do i need to unzip them first and select specific folder inside the zipped folder?
Your help will be very much appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Ratanachai
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:39 pm
I have the exact same issue. The quickstart and the rest zip files would not install.. only the base template which is of course essentially blank and needs a lot of work to get it going. I've sent in a ticket as well.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:37 pm
Thank you for your reply. Now I see that some other people have the same issues.
If anyone please help advice how to install "Quickstart" or "Rest" files in addition to the blank template I would be greatly appreciated your help.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 am
Hi

Quickstart is a complete package. It has all mdules, content and JOOMLA in it, so You cannot install it over a different joomla installation. Simply unpack the quickstart folder and follow installation process like with any other joomla installation.

https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... rt-package