Login redirect

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:42 am
Hi,
How to redirect the user after a successful login to the home page?
I set redirection page to Home in login module but this does not work!

Thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:12 am
I solved this by going to components/com_users/controllers/user.php
and I replaced
$app->redirect(JRoute::_($app->getUserState('users.login.form.return'), false));
with $app->redirect('index.php?');
:)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:27 pm
Hi

That's a solution, but it will be overwritten during joomla update, so it's better to create a login page and select a redirection in menu item settings for this menu option.

GK User
Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:41 pm
Hi,
thank you for your reply
I have a login module, I tried to set the redirection page to 'Home' but it does not work.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:47 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

GK User
Tue May 17, 2016 7:29 am
I sent you a private message, please check it :)
thanks in advance!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 17, 2016 9:28 am
Hi

I will still need a login and pass to /administrator folder. I cannot open joomla panel login page.

Also I do not understand Your other question:

2- another question: why in my backend in components some components does not display as contacts??

GK User
Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 am
I sent you the details in a private message.

my other question is that in my backend I can not access some components (as contacts component).
if you click on components you will not find them!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 20, 2016 4:08 pm
Hi

I do not know answer to the other question. Maybe You have some extension blocking those components or joomla installation was not correct. You should ask that to joomla developers.

For login issue. I've added a redirection link in Login module and also created Login type menu item where this option can be set as well. Should be ok now. Please check.