Age check plugin opinions

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:48 am
Hi there!

(I hope this is the right place to put this question)

I need a plugin with an age warning for a site with alcoholic beberages. I've never worked with these "things". I guess some users have worked with plugins like these. I'd like to read your opinions and previous experiences. I've made a research and i've seen there are two tipes: the ones where you need to fill your birthday and the ones where you only check if you are old enough.

In your opinion which plugin is the best?

Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:27 am
Hi,
I saw and use useful commercial plugin some time ago Age Lock Content Plugin ( joomlaxtc.com).
It had all you need.
Or you can use just simple popup with warning.
But all depends of law in your country. Better ask local lawyer.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:55 pm
Hi Oscar!

Thanks for your insights. For now i'm asking for the "funcionality", i'll take a look at Age Lock. About the law... it's complicated and i'll talk with different lawyers, it's a multilingual site for different countries (usa, mexico, come countries in europe, china, ...)

Thanks again :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:13 pm
I know Law rules in EU, so I don't want to suggest you weak solution.
But I think simple Are you over 18+ Yes / No should be ok.
Platinum Boarder