Make user author page with articles pointing to other items

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Hello there!
So the title is a bit confusing and I don't know how to put it better, so I'll explain a bit more the situation.
I'm working on a project for a magazine (I’m using the Simplicity template!). The website will have an "Archive" category with each item corresponding to a number of the magazine. As you can guess, each magazine issue is composed by several articles from various authors.

The client asked me to have the possibility that each author has a page with an index of every article wrote in any magazine issue. Nothing fancy so far. A normal site with items composed by each author would have been an easy task.
The problem rising here is that actually none of these articles exist as a K2 item! The client wants that every article should point to the Magazine item in the “Archive” category where the user can download the .pdf file of the whole number. Look at the image below for more details on the author page example.

Not only that, the client also asked for tags with each article, and possibly to filter the various articles in each author page based on a quick filter search that will include either words in the title or the tags of the article.

While I’m quite confident with the Joomla CMS, I’m not very skilled with the K2 CCK. I know its possible to have tags and stuff for each article and so on, but dunno how to actually handle this “non existence” of the articles themselves!

My first thought was to create an item for each article (with title, image, tags and so on), then thanks to the new implemented redirect Joomla component, have bulks of redirections for each article to the proper Magazine Issue.

I’m wondering tho if this is a proper solution and if there isn’t anything else I can do, more efficient and less error prone.
Also is the article filter thing possible? Even if there are several pages of results? An ajax filter maybe? Is there any moduel or plugin you know to work well with K2?

Thank you for any suggestion and support!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:38 am
Hi,
unfortunately for you, but we are not consultancy company. Besides such a tips may cost you some money.
I suggest to ask on official K2 forum. Maybe you will find developer which create for you such a view.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:28 pm
I see thank you anyway!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:14 pm
Thanks for understanding.
But before you will hire developer check on JED all extensions dedicated for K2, maybe there is something which is almost ready for your purpose.
Platinum Boarder