Captcha reCaptcha only showing on certain pages?

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:41 pm
Hi,

I've been working on this one website for quite a while now, and I have encountered an annoying issue.
Basically, the Captcha code widget simply won't show up on the user registration area that came with joomla. But the odd thing is, it works everywhere else in the site! I have a few pages using the Chronoforms 5 plug in, and the captcha works perfectly fine there!

Any ideas on how I can go about fixing this?
Thank you again

Joomla! ver.: 3.4.3 Stable
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:39 am
Hi

Please check if template is in it's latest version, update it if not. Make sure it's not a K2 user registration, this kind of registration is using it's own reCaptcha and need to be configured in K2 parameters.

GK User
Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:11 pm
Hi again,
Sorry for the late reply, I had run into some complications, haha. Anyways, the template is in it's latest version (Simplicity 3.18 for J!3). Just to makes sure, I re-ran through every single bit of configuration for the captcha, wherever I had an option, and yet still nothing.
The registration form is (I believe) the standard Joomla! one (the one you get by selecting the "Registration Form" option when creating a menu item).
What's weird to me, is that it used to work just fine. Any ideas on why this might be?

Thank you again!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:39 pm
Hi

Please check if selecting ver1 or ver2 of recaptcha in recaptcha settings makes any difference. If this will not work either try rename /html/com_user to /html/_com_user