PHP Warning

Questions related to the configuration of Joomla, Templates, and Security related questions/issues
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:34 pm
Hello,

I have a question concerning one of my website which is hosted on a server of a client. I have made several websites with your templates and I have never had any problems, now the server administrator is bugging me to fix some logs permissions in Joomla. Frankly I don't have a clue what the problem is.

I have some problems myself. When I try to update joomla I get a message: Cannot open file for writing log. When I want to delete cache I also get warning: JCacheStorageFile::_deleteFolderFailed deleting.

Error message he send it to me:
PHP Warning: fopen(/var/www/lsp/logs/error.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/lsp/libraries/joomla/log/logger/formattedtext.php on line 230

Can you please let me know is this something I have to fix or is it problem with the server? I use GK Simplicity template.

Thank you!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:19 pm
Ok, so i figured something out.....I see that in my Joomla administrator Directory Permissions all files are Unwritable. When I access files using Filezilla all files are having 755 permissions. How can I fix that all files except configuration file will be writable?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:55 pm
Hi

You should ask Your server administrator about this issue. 755 for folders and 644 for files is a standard, but I've see servers required different permissions for files.